I need to know more about the history of photography

Sparkles

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi my name is Mike i`m new around here (and i hope i dont make offtopic rightnow).I need some help from who know a bit about the history of photo and about minimalist photo-this is the most important :hail: ,i need this for school ,is my project and i didnt found much.I dont have any books to inspire,and the internet didnt helpt me.

P.S.(i`m sorry if i spell bad words in english).

Photography has a long long history that span huge discussions. First thing to decide is whether or not you want to look at the history of photography from a technical standpoint (those that pioneered the technology and medium), from an artistic standpoint, or from the perspective of the photographers themselves.

I would recommend telling its story through the lives of those who pushed the envelope behind the camera... the photographers themselves. One such photographer that might get you started: Andre Kertesz (i'm sure more posts will recommend more). With Andre, you will also cover the artistic side of early photography.

If you want to come from the technology side, there is always Oskar Barnack and Leitz Camera.

Photography has a long long history that span huge discussions. First thing to decide is whether or not you want to look at the history of photography from a technical standpoint (those that pioneered the technology and medium), from an artistic standpoint, or from the perspective of the photographers themselves.

I would recommend telling its story through the lives of those who pushed the envelope behind the camera... the photographers themselves. One such photographer that might get you started: Andre Kertesz (i'm sure more posts will recommend more). With Andre, you will also cover the artistic side of early photography.

If you want to come from the technology side, there is always Oskar Barnack and Leitz Camera.

Tks..in this project we have to speak about the minimalist art..and i chosen the minimalist photography..sorry i didnt said this from before :( .

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm not familiar with minimalist photography as a significant movement. You might do well to look for resources on minimalist art that address photography as a subset.

you could have fun with this. when your instructor asks you for your project hand them a blank sheet of paper. when they ask "whats this?" say "it's minimalist"

I think the OP may be long gone - the thread is over 6 years old

Photography started when I was born in a 1-room log darkroom............

Most reactions

Back