I NEED TO VENT!!!!

jocose said:
shut up bace...we listen to you all the time...payback is a ***** :lmao:

That's why I'm laughing!

Alison said:
Well, I do send out a note of thanks* to people, but I meant that I'm not upset if there is a name not on the list.

*disclaimer, if I wasn't told who donated I can't say thanks*

Tell Chase he's fired.

bace said:
Tell Chase he's fired.

Actually, it's Aubrey who's fired ;) See your PM :mrgreen:

jocose said:
I don't particularily like either of the people at work, but of course I HAVE to pitch in. If I don't, I look like dick.

it won't matter whether you pitch in or not...i've seen ya

Alison said:
Actually, it's Aubrey who's fired ;) See your PM :mrgreen:

Fine, Aubrey's fired!

Sorry Chase!! You da maaaan!

well I know what you think... I was often in the same (or simmilar) situation... just say "no"... it doesn't mean that you don't like them or something, but now it is all about cash... and money is the thing which shouldn't be intereferd by your friends or collegues. it is your private matter and should not ineterest anybody.

Alison, Hobbes and Bace...don't go doing secret stuff behind my thread!!

:lol: :lol:

mentos, thanks for the comments...you make a good point, and your right. Thanks!

And thanks everyone! I actually feel better now.

jocose said:
This is the same problem I have about the birthday parties. I don't want to celebrate thier birthdays, and I don't want to be tempted to eat cake--too many carbs. But I HAVE to pitch in. I mean think about it...I say, no, I'm not going to give money for the party, now I look like a dick. Said party rolls around and I do attend, because contrary to popular belief, I'm a decent guy...I didn't pay, I shouldn't attend. So, of course you get the "Aw, come on, it doesn't matter" and then you look like a dick because you looked like a dick for not paying BUT your STILL THERE...it's a no win situation.

Then to make matters worse, when you DO pay, there are always the leechs from 5 floors down who can smell food a mile away like a shark that's drawn to blood. I mean, WTF...why do they get to eat for free when I had to shell out money to entertain someone I don't even like.

Wow, sounds like an episode of Seinfeld! :D

sorry, i meant the tv show friends. Thought in a episode Ross didnt pay for a party and everyone thought he was an arse.
Sorry for the misunderstanding :)

Don't bother yourself about it. If you don't want to celebrate their birthday why are you at the party? You shouldn't feel pressured into anything. That's waht I tihkn anyway. There is too much emphasis in america and Britain I feel for politness. It's a cultural thing. People are afraid to just say no becasue everyone looks at you ina weird way.

If someone asks for someone and you say straight out "No" why is it always uncomfortable? It shouldn't be. That's why you see people saying no ibn a sugar coated way thats convoluted and drawn out. It's not this way when we say yes dammit!

Say no to someone once a week even if you want to say yes...keeps people on their toes :D

Most reactions

Back