I need your help :) .....what can you do with this?

RowmyF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys -

I've been playing with these two shots in Photoshop because I'm just not happy with them straight out of the camera and I can NOT get them to look like what I envision them to be...

Does anyone here want to play around with them and see what they can do with the photos?

If ya - PM me and I'll send you the original size.

Thanks!!

DSC_1305.jpg

DSC_1306.jpg

The pictures look FLAT to me...they're just no popping...they're so mute...don't you think?

I also would love to get other people's visions on what they think the photo should look like.

Well... the lighting is pretty flat. I tried a boost in contrast, a slight rotation, a slight dodge of the skin tones and just a bit of enhancement to the catch lights. Oh... a slight vignette too.

Anyway, with the flat lighting, I don't think they're gonna "pop."

-Pete

Attachments

• $DSC_1305.jpg
    $DSC_1305.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 116
Here Is my adjustment. I played with colors and curves a lot to make it not as flat. I also worked on the eyes a tad but the quality of this online version isn't to high.

Thanks for all the help!

April - what did you do to your version ..! Looks good.

i think my version is not too dissimilar to Pete's, i worked in a few zones to try and boost contrast a little more, without the overall image going too light or dark. I also changed the colour balance using curves as i thought there was a bit too much magenta in the original.

DSC_13052.jpg

I thought I'd give it a try.. Its fun editing photos. I hope you dont mind.

I lightened it using curves, added a bit of contrast. I then saturated the red a tiny bit.

mtry.jpg

Ok, here's my go. I'm not a pro at pp so... But I thought it'd be fun to try. I sharpened, adjusted the curve, dodged the eyes, cropped and did a color balance. Then I increased the saturation.

DSC_130501.jpg

Heres my quick edit
2403506245_198cebbceb_o.jpg

Thanks for all the help!

April - what did you do to your version ..! Looks good.

Let's see, I did what I do to basically all of my photos. I do everything in layers and then flatten (especially when I erase stuff back). I decreased the red in her face as it seemed to pink to me and erased back her hat and clothes etc...since I still wanted that to be pink. I used the curves tool to brighten it a little and then also used the contrast tool to up the brightness a tad as well. I did a layer of soft light, but at a low opacity. I also did another layer and increased the saturation but erased back her face because I didn't want that to look so red. (I just wanted more color in her hat) I also thought it might look good as a square crop and added a slight vignette as well. Normally I would sharpen a tiny bit as the last step, but I didn't on this one since it wasn't the original I was working with. Oh, and I dodged the iris of her eyes just a little too to try and brighten them up a bit. Hope that helps!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back