I need your help!

Not a bad first effort (aside from the bit you missed above the rear spoiler). What method(s) did you use to get this far?

Wrong forum. My bad. Anyway, I used an old picture I had as a background shot, made that a layer and copied it, stuffed it under the original photo, then used the magnetic lasso to select areas and the eraser tool to remove the content and let the backplate show through.

Wrong forum. My bad. Anyway, I used an old picture I had as a background shot, made that a layer and copied it, stuffed it under the original photo, then used the magnetic lasso to select areas and the eraser tool to remove the content and let the backplate show through.
I would go with the nickel defense personally.

Wrong thread. My bad. :laughing:

Edited: 7/27/2015
Reason: My meaningless post is now more meaningless since Mistress Terri moved the thread from the Off Topic forum to here. :biggrin-93:

Last edited:
Here ya go, Coop! Figured this forum might bring some more comments/suggestions your way. :)

The background/sky doesn't match the pattern of light on the hood of the car.

I need a better photo to try this on. Cloning out all those reflections to match is... not gonna happen lol

Instead of using the eraser, try using a layer mask. It's non-destructive and very easy to undo if you mess up. On a layer mask when you paint with black it's just like using the eraser... the catch is when you paint with white the image comes back!

You're getting there. And as Vintagesnaps says, the pattern on the hood doesn't match the sky bg, and as Johnnywrench says, use the layer mask.
To somewhat remove the reflections, on a blank layer copy the color of the darkest and lightest color of the area you want to cover and use the gradient to fill the layer and use layer mask to blend with the underlying layer. You can also add some clouds and use layer mask again and adjust the opacity to show just a hint of the cloud formation.

Attachments

• car.jpg
    car.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 163
Holy cow, I need to figure out how to do that... I've spent HOURS in the past just cloning it out.

As for the layer mask... How exactly do you do that? I only know the destructive method.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back