I need your prayers

My thoughts are with you and yours.

:hug::You and Nicole are still in my thoughts Corry. :hug::

Oh Corry how terrible! I can't imagine how scary this must be. I will be praying for Nicole, you, and the rest of your family. :hug::

Life keeps on serving it up.

It's been another eventful night, and this time it has little to do with Nicole, but still a lot to do with St. Francis Hospital.

I was getting ready to leave to finally come home for a while, so I can go to classes tomorrow and work out some game plans with my professors....when I got a call from my mom telling me that my Gramma was on her way in to St. Francis, and she wasn't doing good. The nurses at the nursing home basically told us that if we had things to take care of (final things), we should probably start getting things in order.

I stayed there until 8:30 or so, going between the ER, where Gramma was, and neurological critical care, where Nicole is.

Before I left, they put Gramma in a room....right down the hall and around the corner from Nicole. As of my last update (I am finally at home for the first time in days), her bloodpressure is steadily dropping. It's not looking good. I may be losing my grandmother tonight.

I should be more emotional right now...but at this point, I'm numb.

Not a lot of change in Nicole....we are all very hopeful right now, though.

One thing that happened....earlier today, Mike was in with her for about 5 minutes when he comes back in the waiting room with a big smile on his face....Nicole had the hiccups. We are taking it as a good sign. Other than that, no real changes....but she had the hiccups...and yesterday (the day before?) she coughed. Ana said today that whenever they mess with her breathing tube, she coughs and kinda gags. Good thing, IMO.

Unless I end up back at OSF tonight, I plan to go to classes tomorrow, meet with my professors, and get a gameplan worked out for each of my classes. Afterwards, I'll be heading back to the hospital again to spend the evening there. That will be my life until something changes.

Oh Corry :hugs: Our thoughts continue to be with your family.

Latest update on my gramma this morning is that she has some bacterial infection that has been going around hospitals and nursing homes. My mom couldn't remember the name of it, but she said 5 people at her nursing home had it, so someone who works there isn't being sanitary. And she also said that the infection can be very fatal. She's in isolation now.

Your gramma sounds like a fighter, and so does Nicole. I'm sure your visits help them to know how much they're loved. Thanks for the updates, as you and your family have often been in my thoughts.

Got news today that she moved. :) She's still in a coma, and she's still in very critical condition....but she moved, just a little. :) :)

Keep praying, guys...pray that she continues to make these little baby steps forward. :)

Here's another picture of her that I've been looking at a lot:

Nicole011SM.jpg

both continue to be in my thoughts for you corry, your being very strong and i hope you can go through with your plans to continue your day to day life, it takes a lot when you are in this sort of mental state.:hugs:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back