I never thought for one moment I'd ever take shots as good as these

The second bald eagle photo is pretty sweet. Great capture.

I also like number one the best, though all of these are superb!

many thanks

Simply amazing... one day I will be as good as you! Yeah right ;)

why not? All it takes is practice, all I'm doing is pressing the shutter button. After all photography is by far the easiest art form

I've been out photoing with him and its all pure luck I can assure you!!!:mrgreen:

98% luck and 2% pure talent I have you know!!

Fantastic shots! and well deserved coms :)

many thanks

your getting really good at stalking them...

Even @300 (or 450 ?) you have to be pretty close. and their senses are sharp, congrats, you are da man !

Beautiful shots.

390mm on my camera, but yeah I was close, at one point the Great Grey Owl hit the back of my head with her wing as she flew over

Now these are the shots that I'd KILL to be able to take... maybe with a little more time, practice and better equipment. ;)

Believe me all it takes is practice, practice and more practice and a lot of luck and yes the camera gear does help, anyone that says it doesn't is just lying to make themselves feel better

Now, the serious question... just how did you get so dang close? I use a 300mm lens and I can NEVER get close enough to get shots like that?!?!
I know you said that it was at a conservancy of some sort.. but does that mean those birds let you get that close? BTW I guess I should ask, how close were you? :D

Oh, and one more thing... AWESOME FRIGGIN' SHOTS!!!!!!

ttfn
CDL.

Yeah I was close, must of the inflight shots were about 5-10 meters away

The second bald eagle photo is pretty sweet. Great capture.

many thanks

seen better :er:

wow how many lines can you get in a post?

anway, amaaaazing pics LP!

At last someone else who has seen the truth!!! :mrgreen:

All these members Biggin' up LP's shots..... Don't you know its not good for his ego!? or me come to think of it, as I have to work with someone sooo bloody good it makes me SICK!!!!!!!!!!

All these members Biggin' up LP's shots..... Don't you know its not good for his ego!? or me come to think of it, as I have to work with someone sooo bloody good it makes me SICK!!!!!!!!!!

yea, im sure this is just going to encourage him to get that damn 800 5.6L :p

Wow, each and every shot is amazing! You have captured these birds in full flight with so much details. Excellent work and thanks for sharing this fantastic series! :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Greetings,
Ann :D

wow how many lines can you get in a post?

anway, amaaaazing pics LP!

:lol: best comment ever!!

duncanp said:

Oh behave Ian or else I'll not not you chauffeur me around anymore

duncanp said:
yea, im sure this is just going to encourage him to get that damn 800 5.6L :p

no need for one of those, got a mint condition 500mm F4 coming in part exchange soon but i have no need for it so I won't even be buying that, might 'borrow it though' :lol:

Wow, each and every shot is amazing! You have captured these birds in full flight with so much details. Excellent work and thanks for sharing this fantastic series! :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Greetings,
Ann :D

many thanks

Your photos always amaze me.

wow! thank you

Sorry, had to take a while to process what i just saw.

Amazing!!

I would pay real money to have these! They are the kind of shots i would take in my dreams! Unbelievalbleblabeliveable!!!!!

WOW! The first one is amazing...what aperture did you use??? Pardon me if you already answered that question, I have a squirmy toddler on my lap and can't read all responses. That one is DEAD ON, though!

Stunning!

Great work!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back