I played with my friends grapes...do you think it's alright.

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by kundalini, Oct 26, 2007.

1. kundalini

kundalini Been spending a lot of time on here!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    First off, get yer freakin' mind out of the gutter.

Okay, a friend of mine sent my this picture of a grapevine in his back yard. He just purchased a Sony Alpha a100. and asked if about post processing. I have made every attempt here and elsewhere that my PS skills are second grade at best. Before I send it back, can I get an opinion if my effort is an improvement?

Here's the original.....
    [​IMG]

Here's my edit.
    [​IMG]

Basically, all I did was to crop a bit, adjust levels, contrast, satauration as usual. I went a step further by blurring some of the background and isolated the post and made similar adjustments on it's own. What could/would have been better?

Thanks for looking and commenting.

2. RKW3

RKW3 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Well your edit is definitely an improvement, although you already knew that.

I like how you didn't over- do the saturation and the slight conrtast you added helped. It might just me by eyes but it looks like something funky is goin on on the bottom right of the picture near the leaves, like a weird dividing line or something. (I think that's caused by your blur).

I really like your idea on that blur, however. For a second I was thinking you cloned it a new background or something. But the blur you added definitely made the shot less chaotic, and now there's a simpler subject.

If I could change something in this shot I would probably darken the sun-brightened grapes a tiny bit, they seem a little overpowering. (it doesn't bother me so much anyways.. this is just if I HAD to choose something to slightly alter.) Another change that could be made is to darken the background on the left of the grapes and the wooden pole, I think that would work out nicely.

Overall nice editing, good job.

3. NJMAN

NJMAN TPF Noob!

Far beyond the bowels of human existence...Minneso
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    The edit is awesome. Very good composition IMO. I really like the colorfulness of this shot.

And you are hilarious! LOL. What you wont do to lure viewers into looking at your thread. :mrgreen:

4. kundalini

kundalini Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    NJ, I don't make any excuses, call me a slut. As I have found out,until I get to that level of achiement, it's the hook. I would much rather not use the hook, but few people know who I am, thus the use of the hook. What's a Po'Boy to do?

BTW, thanks so much for your kind words. (I think I was ramblimg before).

5. doobs

doobs TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I can see where the line is where you blurred the leaf and stuff. The only thing I can think to suggest is a less hardened brush.