I put up a new website!!

Discussion in 'General Shop Talk' started by RowmyF, Jul 15, 2008.

1. RowmyF

RowmyF TPF Noob!

I'd love to get feedback from all of you!

I won't be in town for a few days but I'll check it when I get back!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  2. Emerana

Emerana TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I am not a professional, but I am a consumer so I think I have pretty good eye for photographer web sites. Very nice! professional, beautiful, well laid out, great gallery photos...5 stars! Your prices seem fair and I liek you dont have a bunch o confusing packages. I would totally hire you!

Some fine points
    1) the music makes me go insane. I know you can turn it off, but it comes back on when you switch pages.
    2) your info doesn't say how long the session lasts
    3) I like your about page. I love that you have a photo of yourself, a nice one too. But I guess it left me wanting to know more about your qualifications and your ... ummmm...theory on photography. Just something to make you feel more human too. I bet thats the hardest part to write!
    4) would have liked more baby pics. I am huge on only putting your best in your portfolio, but if I was a consumer I would think "oh, she doesn't have much experience with babies". In this case I might pad it with some photos that aren't your favorite and replace them as it goes by

But overall, fantastic! Did you build it? Or hire someone?

3. Emerana

Emerana TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Oh also, if you shoot only at specific times a day, it would be good to put that in there. I might consider an info page about what to expect at a shoot...like location, time of day, length of shoot, etc.

4. STICKMAN

STICKMAN TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    RowmyF,

Nice site as well as great shots..... Your choice of music is relaxing and helps one enjoy the time spent viewing your work. Great eye & great design.

5. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Why do people insist on using Flash???????

6. Katz

Katz TPF Noob!

I like it, the music doesn't bother me, I know you can turn it off. The only thing that I noticed that I didn't care for was the way the slideshow repeated over and over automatically. Other then that, great job.

Oh, and your logo is great but you can't see your name on top of it.

7. Katz

Katz TPF Noob!

Flash doesn't bother me, hehe but the tail on the mouse drives me nuts!!! :lmao:

8. timbearden

timbearden TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I really like the website and your photography. Great job.

9. reg

reg TPF Noob!

Stuck inside of Mobile with the GTFO Blues Again
    Photos OK to edit
    I have *not* visited the website, but yes you can turn off all the music and this and that and the other but it still clutters up the site and makes it load slow.

Also there's the issue of not being well-indexed by search engines - sites that are all Flash can't be indexed like HTML (or xhtml or whatever floats your boat) sites (different pages, have a different URL on a HTML site but it's all on one page on an all Flash site, therefore keywords etc. from each page don't show up on Google).

At the very least, I would suggest having a Flash version and an HTML version that you can choose upon entry. That way you get totally indexed, too.