I put up a new website!!

RowmyF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'd love to get feedback from all of you!

I won't be in town for a few days but I'll check it when I get back!

Last edited:
I am not a professional, but I am a consumer so I think I have pretty good eye for photographer web sites. Very nice! professional, beautiful, well laid out, great gallery photos...5 stars! Your prices seem fair and I liek you dont have a bunch o confusing packages. I would totally hire you!

Some fine points
1) the music makes me go insane. I know you can turn it off, but it comes back on when you switch pages.
2) your info doesn't say how long the session lasts
3) I like your about page. I love that you have a photo of yourself, a nice one too. But I guess it left me wanting to know more about your qualifications and your ... ummmm...theory on photography. Just something to make you feel more human too. I bet thats the hardest part to write!
4) would have liked more baby pics. I am huge on only putting your best in your portfolio, but if I was a consumer I would think "oh, she doesn't have much experience with babies". In this case I might pad it with some photos that aren't your favorite and replace them as it goes by

But overall, fantastic! Did you build it? Or hire someone?

Oh also, if you shoot only at specific times a day, it would be good to put that in there. I might consider an info page about what to expect at a shoot...like location, time of day, length of shoot, etc.

RowmyF,

Nice site as well as great shots..... Your choice of music is relaxing and helps one enjoy the time spent viewing your work. Great eye & great design.

I like it, the music doesn't bother me, I know you can turn it off. The only thing that I noticed that I didn't care for was the way the slideshow repeated over and over automatically. Other then that, great job.

Oh, and your logo is great but you can't see your name on top of it.

I have *not* visited the website, but yes you can turn off all the music and this and that and the other but it still clutters up the site and makes it load slow.

Also there's the issue of not being well-indexed by search engines - sites that are all Flash can't be indexed like HTML (or xhtml or whatever floats your boat) sites (different pages, have a different URL on a HTML site but it's all on one page on an all Flash site, therefore keywords etc. from each page don't show up on Google).

At the very least, I would suggest having a Flash version and an HTML version that you can choose upon entry. That way you get totally indexed, too.

Most reactions

Back