I really need help

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Jus7 A Phas3, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Jus7 A Phas3

Jus7 A Phas3 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Ok so my main profile on my computer doesnt work, but for some reason a guest profile works so i have been on that for a while but when i pluged in my computer a couple days ago it wouldnt let me upload my pictures. I tried in install picture project 1.7 that came with my D80 but i wouldnt let me intall it because i wasnt on the adminasters profile. My qestion is, is there any way to download a program of the internet or something like that that can regonize my pictures so when i plug in my camrea it will pop up with my pictures and i can upload them onto my computer?

2. asfixiate

asfixiate TPF Noob!

Do you have a built in administrator account?

Even downloading a program to recognize your photos wouldn't help since it appears you do not have rights to install software. My company requires all workstations to have built in administrator accounts for this reason.

By profile not working what do you mean? I can delete my profile on this computer and still be able to log in and Windows will create another profile.

3. Rand0m411

Rand0m411 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    If your main profile is not working you really need boot into safe mode and run an up to date virus scan, then run an up to date spyware scan. If that doesnt get you back in I would consider reloading your OS (of course back up any needed data).

I mention the above only because in guest access your going to be extremely limited in what you can do and you dont have admin access to change any settings in your guest access account. If guest access isnt allowing you to install software, it isnt going to allow any type of software.

Any ideas on why you cant log into the main profile?

4. keith204

keith204 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    I am assuming XP here.

Reboot into Safe Mode (F8). Then, you have the Administrator account. Often, people don't even assign a password for the Admin account (stupid) so you can log right on in. Then, go to the user account settings in your control panel, and set up a new account with administrative rights. If you don't need any files from your old account, delete the old account.

Reboot and use your new account.

5. Rand0m411

Rand0m411 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    If he can only log in as a guest he wont have access to user profiles either, or shouldnt anyways. Best thing to do is boot to safe mode and see if you can log in as admin there. If so you can create a new admin account.

*edit* Er... what keith204 said, he beat me to it hehe

6. asfixiate

asfixiate TPF Noob!

I've never been in this scenario because I don't trust computers at all and always keep my stuff backed up with a fresh image handy if something gets messed up. My dad was the same way with me growing up.

At my company we've always done the local admin account thing to so I haven't experienced this issue in a long time.

safe mode is an idea lets just hope they never set password because it seems they would have tried that already.

7. carlostau

carlostau TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Get a Mac!
    No, seriously... Rebooting in safe mode should let you change the profiles. give it a shot

8. Jus7 A Phas3

Jus7 A Phas3 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks guys, I will try it out in a little bit and get back to you on the out come:]

9. Jus7 A Phas3

Jus7 A Phas3 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Good news, I made a new adminasters accont and i just upload some pictures i took at my house. Thanks for the help guys

10. JerryPH

JerryPH No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Good thing you did not have Vista installed... lmao.

11. ScottS

ScottS TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    True.... very true.
    (im a vista user btw)