I really need some help...

Ratman667

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ratmansreptiles.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This photo was taken back in April, in Ormond Beach, FL. My girlfriend LOVES this photo. She is currently in China until Saturday and I want to get this printed and framed for her before then.

All my attempts at cleaning it up were disastrous. I can get the background clear, but my girlfriend and I end up really grainy.

I am not asking anyone to fix this for me, just point me in the right direction to getting it "decent enough".

DSC_1419.jpg

I also have this one:

DSC_1421.jpg

She doesn't care for the second as much, but seeing as how it is one of maybe 4 photos we have together, she will live if this one is easier/more salvageable.

You might have more luck going black and white, then trying to bring up the people.

I'd say use a selection on you two, then play with the exposure, brightness, curves, levels, etc. Then use the inverse selection to edit the rest of the photo.

I'm bored and tried it out...Obviously a lazy job (HALOS), but you can see what I mean.

4769627987_da953ecc44.jpg

Filter the color a little bit so that the faces can be recognized easier.

I'm usually editing images on my desktop with a graphics tablet.
My central AC unit crapped out last night and I'm tucked away in my bed room with a window AC and my laptop and touch pad but here's my contribution.

2.jpg

My best effort. There's still a bit of noise but at least we can see your faces now and I think it still looks relatively real. I removed some of the noise and lightened it a lot, but much lighter than this and you end up with halos. Should make a decent print so long as you don't go for an 8x10.

1419.jpg

OK, so after a few hours last night and today, I have reached three that I am somewhat happy with.

DSC_1419yyy.jpg

DSC_1419ttt.jpg

3. Just a crop of 1.
DSC_1419yyyrrr.jpg

I did my best to get rid of the halo by carefully selecting what I wanted to edit. 1 and 2 had three and four layers respectively.

I am still open to constructive criticism. Thank you to all of you that have contributed so far.

Oh, magkelly, 8x10 was the size I was hoping to print. I may go smaller and do a collage of other photos from the vacation.

I'm usually editing images on my desktop with a graphics tablet.
My central AC unit crapped out last night and I'm tucked away in my bed room with a window AC and my laptop and touch pad but here's my contribution.

2.jpg

excellent edit.

+1 ^

Much better now that I can see who the picture is of!

Steve, you are truly talented. I tried for hours and couldn't get them nearly as good as you did. Thank you.

Can I ask what you did? If you don't want to share, I understand.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back