I refuse

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by photobug, Jul 13, 2003.

1. photobug

photobug TPF Noob!

I will not tell you that I'm 46, that I spent 11 years in the Marine Corps, that I'm overweight, my youngest son is getting married next month, I've been married 27 years (do the math, I was a child), that I've been a cook in a fast food restaurant, a air traffic controller, a radiological control technician and supervisor, started a business, nearly went bankrupt, worked a K-Mart, went back to being in RadCon, occasionally take pictures, mess around on the computer when I should be mowing the lawn.

I'm lazy, opinionated, suffer from terminal procrastination, have a short attention span and a narrower interest span, collect silly stuff (six versions of the same knife?), am generous to a fault, don't play well with others, like to be in charge, have a problem with authority figures, have an attitude problem, hate my job, will work 6 hours trying to get out of 45 minutes worth of work, can't type for squat, am in love with the mirror- but can't stand pictures of myself, hate run-on sentences like this one, am writing this in the hopes it annoys somebody because I'm up already and didn't get any damn sleep and will have to nap later.

I hate people that drive slow in the fast lane or fast in the slow lane. I love sunrises & sunsets, but seldom see both in the same day. I'm a control freak, thus I love the power I gain over my subject through photography. I'm a smartass, which in my mind is better than being a dumbass by leaps and bounds. My wife says it's a good thing I'm cute or I'd be dead already, but I think that may be wishful thinking on her part.

And I never post in these silly "Hi, my name is Biff and I play in a 50's rock band" kinda threads. So there! :p

2. manda

manda instigator of pottymouthedness

hahaha
    gotta love the big bug!!! :mrgreen:

3. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

jim... no one, not even the best speakers in the world, could have said it better. And in my opinion, its an honor to know someone as awesome as you....dude. :)

md

4. Dew

Dew TPF Noob!

:lol:

5. e_

e_ TPF Noob!

... PMSL ...

!!!

e_

6. mrsid99

mrsid99 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Great stuff Jim and glad you're a member of this site.
    Thanks for all your help and input, keep it up!
    One question....what was your specialty in the Marines?
    I think we may exhibit some similar traits so remember the old motto:
    Procrastinate Now!

7. photobug

photobug TPF Noob!

:oops:

8. photobug

photobug TPF Noob!

Sid- I was an Ammo Tech and Air Traffic Controller in the Corps.

And I thought it was "Procrastinate Later!" :D

Jim

9. mrsid99

mrsid99 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Thanks Jim, ever thought of going back into ATC for a living?
    I'm told there's good bucks in it if you can stand the stress.
    BTW, the worst procrastinator I ever knew had his answering machine programmed to answer: "Procrastinators club...will you hold?"
    Just thought I'd mention it.

10. photobug

photobug TPF Noob!

Nope, FAA won't hire you after you turn 30 & that's a fair bit behind me. Besides, talking to airplanes gets boring unless you're trying to kill somebody, which for some reason really upsets people. :wink:

Making almost that kinda money now with no stress at all. Sucks, but I can't argue with the money. :)

Great answering machine message!

Jim