I saw.....

And yes, the freaky part of me was thinking, "Wish I had the tripod right now....."

you painted quite a beautiful image with your words, anyway :wink: :D

Osmer_Toby said:
hmmmm. wish i had a little extra cash- i'd drive up and meet you guys.

that'll be super photo op.

i wanted to do a falls trip this summer but am broke after buying this new house. :(

That woudl rock! Hey, you're a teacher, you could deduct it as an educational thing...take a few photos that you use in your classroom and voila! ;-)

terri said:
and, for the inevitable deragatory comment directed at the supposed false smoothness of my observation, kiss my -ss

You tell 'em, babe. :wink: I hope you never quit with your schmaltzy but sweet observations. I know it's really you. :hug:

I saw my house from a different perspective last night. I was way out in the back yard with the O-dog right at dusk, right along the treeline, and for no particular reason, I sat down on a log and watched the fireflies come out. They were everywhere, dancing right in front of me, and moving silently across the yard. I watched the yellow squares of the lights inside my house get brighter as the evening came on, and looked at the bright spots of yellow that are my black-eyed Susans, and my tall tomato plants. I thought how cozy, warm and secure the place looked, like I was seeing it from a stranger's perspective. It was a wonderful feeling to sit and look at it in the dusk and know it was mine, my home, my garden, all from my own hard work. And yes, the freaky part of me was thinking, "Wish I had the tripod right now....." :wink:

Isn't it amazing what that different perspective can do? I spend so much time fiddling around with my reef tank and comparing it in my head to others I've seen, and sometimes I think how crappy it looks to me. But then I'll be outside in the back yard just after dusk and look in through the living room windows and see a big giant tank with a fish native to the south pacific swimming around, and I think how cool it is that I can have that in my living room. :-D

Now speaking of gardens...want to come weed mine? My backyard flowerbed is more weeds than flowers. :? :LOL:

Now speaking of gardens...want to come weed mine? My backyard flowerbed is more weeds than flowers.

I think weeding the garden is one of life's events that you only miss when you're old and creaky and can't do it anymore. I'm not quite there yet - and neither are you! :p Now, git on out there!!

Chase said:
Osmer_Toby said:
and, for the inevitable deragatory comment directed at the supposed false smoothness of my observation, kiss my -ss :p :lol:

That wasn't very smooth.... :roll:

:lol:

see? and that was effortless, too. :wink:

I saw....

my poor tooth being YANKED out of my mouth!

OH THE PAIN!!!!

Chase, ignore this post. I feel fine and dandy, I swear.

Aw, thanks! The only thing that really sucks, though, is that I have three jobs...one full time five days a week, one part time 2-3 days a week, and one part time that is only Thursday evenings. Well, the one I usually work 2-3 days a week at has me scheduled for FIVE DAYS!!! So between the three, in seven days I'm working 11 days. And...I can't take my Vicodin to make the pain go away if I'm gonna be driving somewhere...so I basicly have to deal with it most of the time. :( Heh heh...I'll get through it though! Anyway...off to work the other job!!!!

Osmer_Toby said:
Luminosity said:
Spanky , for every negative and 'ugly' thing you see there is a balance of good and 'beauty'...

( yeah yeah , I know that sounds wanky but its true ..)

If you can see only darkness ....open your eyes ;)

the easiest way to see the good of this world is to hang out with someone like lumi. the brightness of her soul shines all around her, chasing the shrieking dark shadows away...
i mean, just look at her name :D

another way to do this is to hang out with children. i love to watch how they learn about the world around them- they think everything is interesting and cool to look at and explore. i like to try to see things their way, and more often than not it brings a smile and a slightly new understanding...

and, for the inevitable deragatory comment directed at the supposed false smoothness of my observation, kiss my -ss :p :lol:

Awww shucks Tobes ! :blulsh2:
150% agree with ya there regarding your comments on kids !
You are such a gorgeous man ....don't go changin :hug:

P.S I radiate light eh ? So THATS why people make me walk in front of them when its dark and they have no flashlights ! :lol:
And here I was thinkin they just wanted to check oot me butt :( .....

terri said:
I saw my house from a different perspective last night. I was way out in the back yard with the O-dog right at dusk, right along the treeline, and for no particular reason, I sat down on a log and watched the fireflies come out. They were everywhere, dancing right in front of me, and moving silently across the yard. I watched the yellow squares of the lights inside my house get brighter as the evening came on, and looked at the bright spots of yellow that are my black-eyed Susans, and my tall tomato plants. I thought how cozy, warm and secure the place looked, like I was seeing it from a stranger's perspective. It was a wonderful feeling to sit and look at it in the dusk and know it was mine, my home, my garden, all from my own hard work. And yes, the freaky part of me was thinking, "Wish I had the tripod right now....." :wink:

Its great when ya really see something with new eyes eh Ter..... and those small moments , encapsulated in time , where you feel a wonderful sense of appreciation & contentment are very cool.....its a space in time thats yours , where everything in your world comes together in sync and just clicks into all the right places.

Its great when ya really see something with new eyes eh Ter..... and those small moments , encapsulated in time , where you feel a wonderful sense of appreciation & contentment are very cool.....its a space in time thats yours , where everything in your world comes together in sync and just clicks into all the right places.

Lumi: you got it, babe. :wink:

Most reactions

Back