I screwed up

BassFace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, so I was waiting to sign up here so I could post the results from my first roll, shot with my Pentax K1000, black and white ilford 400 iso film.

I just have no idea what I did wrong lmao.

I only got 6 shots out of 36 in the roll, and most of them looked like this, can anyone tell me what I did wrong? I'm assuming there was an issue with advancing the film, seeing as it looks like a bunch of exposures on one frame, but I'm not too sure, any explanations?

Attachments

• 43970005.jpg
    43970005.jpg
    602.2 KB · Views: 231
Kinda looks like it ... can you show us what the negative (strip) looks like.

Yup definitely an issue with advancing the film.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two probable scenarios:

(1) You didn't load the film correctly and it didn't advance; or

(2) the advance mechanism isn't working correctly.

When the film is loaded properly in your camera the rewind knob (top left) should rotate when you advance the film. If it doesn't rotate then the film isn't advancing and you need to make sure the film leader is properly "hooked" into the camera's take-up spool.

Thanks for the responses peeps, turns out I was correct, just a mistake in loading it, confirmed with my local shop.

I'm gonna shoot another roll and we'll see how this one goes, lol. This time in color

Thanks for the responses peeps, turns out I was correct, just a mistake in loading it, confirmed with my local shop.

I'm gonna shoot another roll and we'll see how this one goes, lol. This time in color
So lessee, you made the same mistake that everybody else has made. That makes you a photographer!

This is why Kodak invented its "Easy Loading, Drop-In" film cartridges such as 110, 126, APS

I had something similar happen once when I accidentally put the multi exposure lever on my Bornica into the multi exposure mode and forgot to reset it....dang!

Ok, so I was waiting to sign up here so I could post the results from my first roll, shot with my Pentax K1000, black and white ilford 400 iso film.

I only got 6 shots out of 36 in the roll, and most of them looked like this, can anyone tell me what I did wrong? I'm assuming there was an issue with advancing the film, seeing as it looks like a bunch of exposures on one frame, but I'm not too sure, any explanations?

I kinda like it, the ghostly abstract images.

"Rule 408: Time is not the boss of you"

Yup definitely an issue with advancing the film.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two probable scenarios:

(1) You didn't load the film correctly and it didn't advance; or

(2) the advance mechanism isn't working correctly.

I had something similar happen once when I accidentally put the multi exposure lever on my Bornica into the multi exposure mode and forgot to reset it....dang!

Great responses! Spreaking of setting the multi-exposure lever on a Bronica and forgetting to reset it--I did that SAME, exact thing the last time I shot B&W film in my Bronica SQ-A! I piled like 10 scenes onto one frame of film! When I developed it, that frame was, of course, pretty much pure black!

And, when shooting The Leica don't forget to remove The Lens Cap.

Agreed, it looks like a double exposure. There is a great film lab called "the find lab" they have a program where they give feedback on film rolls. Maybe check it out next time!

Compur said: And, when shooting The Leica don't forget to remove The Lens Cap.

Oh man, Rangefinders. Wonder how many world class shots were lost due to that mistake!

And, when shooting The Leica don't forget to remove The Lens Cap.
Very easily done if used to a SLR. My entire test film for my 'new' Fed 2 was done that way - very nearly threw the camera in the bin. I now remove all lens caps at home, regardless of camera.

Sent from my 8070 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back