I Shall Return!

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by abraxas, Apr 29, 2008.

1. abraxas

abraxas No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    How many times have you gone back to the same spot to reshoot?

Any favorite places?

2. bhop

bhop No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Hollywood Blvd is the only place that comes to mind for me, although, i'm not sure if it counts since it's people that are the main subjects usually and they're always different there.

3. usayit

usayit No longer a newbie, moving up!

North New Jersey, United States of America
    Photos OK to edit
    all the time....

A favorite place of mine to just take a nap, relax, and get some quiet time often results in a photo here or two.. perhaps because I also find time behind the camera relaxing as well:

[​IMG]

4. Alex_B

Alex_B No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    i rarely go back.

but i know i should since i could take better shots than last time ... !

5. Jeff Canes

Jeff Canes No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    I’ve gone back to a few places a few times and other more often with mixed result, usually get some nice shots of new subject but not so good ones on the re-shots. Been wanting drive out to everglades lately but keep putting it off

[​IMG]

6. Miaow

Miaow TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I tend to go to a few of the same beaches for doing pics cause I like the rocks etc at specific ones.

7. christopher walrath

christopher walrath No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I am the King of returning to the scene of the crime. My autobiography would have been The Return Of The King, but Tolkein beat me to it. I have a cemetary I love returning to in different seasons and different light. I always prowl about outside my store. Numerous other favorites I revisit with or sans camera.

8. craig

craig TPF Noob!

I think the return trip is generally better then the initial visit.

)'(

9. abraxas

abraxas No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    How cool. Funny I thought of this thread. I just found out I'll be snapping some shots in one of my favorite places this weekend. :)

10. Garbz

Garbz No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Plenty of times. But for me photography is not something I do myself. It is something that I do in a social group. I just don't like going out and taking photos myself.

Once you're in a group the location doesn't matter. We always tend to find interesting things, and I have been to Southbank and Shorncliff in Brisbane countless times. Each time I get something new and often meet a new member for whatever forum organised the event.

11. mrodgers

mrodgers No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    I've been messing around with a camera for merely a few short months. I've gotten in the car to specifically go out and shoot photos once.

Since I've only been doing this for a few months, then yes, I would like to go back out to the same place. I was and am learning. My shots on that day that I went out are horrible looking at them now 2 months later. I've learned much more about metering the available light, thus would achieve much better results. I know more about the light coming from the sky during certain times of the day, thus would achieve much better results by going out later.

I have a specific subject that I want to photograph. I need to have the time myself at a particular time of day to take the photo. It's stated as the highest roadway bridge in the eastern US nestled between the mountains across the river. In the evenings, it would be lit up beautifully by the setting sun shining into the ravine focused on the bridge. I plan to visit it multiple times until I see it in the light that I am imagining in my head.

I'm quite broke. I absolutely love hockey, but don't get to many games. I had the oportunity a few weeks ago to go to a hockey game with my camera. I was excited about how they would turn out. Again, they were horrible with my limited knowledge. The white balance was completely off, the exposure was completely wrong, and above all else, it was the wrong team and the wrong arena! I would like to get to another hockey game, this time at the right place, the Mellon Arena, before it is no longer with us thus limiting my opportunity. I doubt I will make it though.

My camera is a companion on our outings with the kids, not a specific tool that I use just for going out to shoot. We visit the same places locally every year. Every year you go to these places and see something different. Every visit is different no matter how many times you go somewhere. It would be silly to think that "I've been here hundreds of times, I don't need my camera anymore."

I need the time to go out again specifically to shoot photographs. I see so many things that would make great photos every day I'm driving home from work or driving home later at night from the store or where ever. You can go home after doing this, upload the photos, and love them at the time being. But there's a good chance that 3 months, 6 months down the road, you look at them and see everything that you have learned since then is wrong in those photos. Of course at that point you would want to revisit the location and reshoot.

12. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I have a number of favourite places to where I go over and again to photograph them in all seasons and all times of the day.

I might take those who come to the meet-up on a tour to my favourite places :D.