I shot a deer!

EmilyM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Five deer, actually!! :) These may not be worthy of being called "photography", but I wanted to share them anyway! I went for a walk at this battlefield park near my house and found this group of 5 (rather fearless) deer grazing near the trail. They allowed me to take some photos, and these are the results! Comments and critiques welcome! :)

deer.jpg

deer2.jpg

deer3.jpg

deer4.jpg

5. (Not sure why this one looks the way it does?)
deer5.jpg

deer6.jpg

deer7.jpg

deer9.jpg

Enjoy!

Of course this is photography and these are nice shots. I like #1, kinda looks like a mirror image.

Emily...holy moly.. These are amazing shots. Your so lucky to be able to get this close. I think my faves are 7 and 8.

Congratulations!
If I had ever had the chance to come this close to some deer (other than with my car... with that I came even closer... :roll::confused: ), my photos would only show "deer-running-from-me"-scenes! Never anything like this, I'm afraid...

Emily, these are all great, i really like 6, 7 & 8. The majority of the wildlife i come upon never sit still long enough to have their photo taken, although i try A LOT. these are much better deer pics than i have been able to come up with... what camera/lens did you use for these?

from your title i almost thought i was going to find a photo of you with your rifle/bow&arrow sitting near your trophy buck... ;)

JTHphoto said:
Emily, these are all great, i really like 6, 7 & 8. The majority of the wildlife i come upon never sit still long enough to have their photo taken, although i try A LOT. these are much better deer pics than i have been able to come up with... what camera/lens did you use for these?

from your title i almost thought i was going to find a photo of you with your rifle/bow&arrow sitting near your trophy buck... ;)

Thank you!

Currently, I'm stuck with a not so great camera (but it works for now). It's just a Fujifilm Finepix S5100. It has 10x zoom, but in reality, we were only about 15-20 feet from these guys. The deer in this park know very little fear, I've had one walk right up in front of me (within about 5 feet) and not bolt. They've never had reason to fear people. (Plus they've learned that they can stand in certain areas where people can watch them, but not come closer.)

That's a long-winded way of saying that they're used to spectators. :lol:

The title was meant to get you to think that! LOL! In reality, I could never actually kill one of these beautiful creatures. :)

EmilyM said:
Thank you!

Currently, I'm stuck with a not so great camera (but it works for now). It's just a Fujifilm Finepix S5100. It has 10x zoom, but in reality, we were only about 15-20 feet from these guys. The deer in this park know very little fear, I've had one walk right up in front of me (within about 5 feet) and not bolt. They've never had reason to fear people. (Plus they've learned that they can stand in certain areas where people can watch them, but not come closer.)

That's a long-winded way of saying that they're used to spectators. :lol:
like i've seen them say many times on here, it's not as much about the camera as it about the photographer, these are great shots, that's awesome that you can get so close...
EmilyM said:
The title was meant to get you to think that! LOL! In reality, I could never actually kill one of these beautiful creatures. :)
In that case I will save you and the rest of the forum from my "I shot a deer" pics...

JTHphoto said:
In that case I will save you and the rest of the forum from my "I shot a deer" pics...

I have nothing against hunters, I just personally couldn't do it myself. These deer are protected anyway (by default, just because they live on this land), which may be part of the reason they are so unafraid? I'm not sure, lol!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back