I shot a film yesterday, and need to know what it is...

i can still make any size print i want with them. i just cant scan them, thats the only limitation.

I don't understand, because trimming doesn't matter, as a matter of fact, it encourages negative shifting when in the enlarger which isn't usually a good idea. I don't get what you accomplish by trimming them. Plus they don't fit comfortably in a negative sleeve.

You can adjust the border size... You don't have to trim the negs.

EDIT: In fact, when enlarging prints, the rebate doesn't even show.
So I'm not sure what you're talking about.

i dont put a border on any side but the bottom, where i put the info at. if i leave it on, i cant do that.

Well if you adjust the sliders on the easel, you can make it so there's only a border at the bottom. I don't understand why you have to cut it.

Personally, I prefer to have a 1/4" border or a slightly larger (probably 1") one if I know I'm going to frame it.

i dont put a border on any side but the bottom, where i put the info at. if i leave it on, i cant do that.

Sure you can. You just have to block of that part of the print with something.

Or if you're want black border, block off the rest of the print and expose that part longer.

Exactly, you just adjust the sliders on the easel.

Doesn't that actually crop the image, because it's not an equal ratio.

Oh. I think I see what he is saying now.

I thought he was just trimming off the rebates. But if he is trimming the actual image, that's an even worse idea, IMO. If you're using an non-adjustable easel cover it with some black mat board or something of the like.

This just don't make no kinda sense!

My advice is to lick the emulsion, maybe chew a small peice awhile and tell us what it tastes like, then maybe we'll be able to give you a better answer.

:er:

Toast it lightly on a skillet over medium heat first though - it releases the essential oils a little and enhances the flavour...

Meanwhile,

Did you process with C-41 or E-6? Apart from looking contrasty, is there anything else unusual about the pictures?

Best,
Helen

its a non-adjustable easel, and i use a black bottom border, silver sharpie.

helen b- let me check tomorrow, its the schools chems.

and of course, paul was sick today.

Most reactions

Back