I shot my first wedding over the holiday weekend.

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was lucky enough to find a pro that would take me under his wing and show me the in's and out's of wedding photography. I've been curious about it since getting into photography, mostly because it's such a hot topic on the forums.

So that means I was the second shooter. I was able to roam around the brides room while she and her bridesmaids were getting ready. I was able to roam the wedding site, and the reception.

I was tasked with getting some shots from above the wedding ceremony with my 70-200, and also with getting shots of the groom and his groomsmen as they prepared for the wedding. I was also tasked with doing "table shots" at the reception and doing "detail shots" of the place settings.

I thought I would share some of my pics with you guys and see what you thought. So far the pro thinks they're great and has invited me to his next wedding, and another lady my wife knows has now formally requested I shoot her wedding because she stumbled on my pics while surfing my site. I don't know how I feel about that one, I'm not comfortable shooting a wedding alone anytime soon (even October). But that's another story.

Anyway, here's a couple of shots.

545141426_KVgyt-L.jpg

545141770_kRVX3-L.jpg

545151217_pKSf6-XL.jpg

545145255_fysKC-XL.jpg

546166562_AdqH7-XL.jpg

Great shots, and have already developed a name for yourself. Something tells me that you're going to get more and more requests the more work you do. Way to go!

2nd and 3rd are nice. 1st is good in terms of lighting but that double chin is unflattering - shoot from above to eliminate a double chin. The expression in #4 makes me doubt why you took it in the first place, and 5th could use some retouching on the face.

Overall, decent job for starting out :)

really nice shots tharmsen...
great colors, nice lighting, and they all look tack sharp.

well done:thumbup:

really nice shots tharmsen...
great colors, nice lighting, and they all look tack sharp.

well done:thumbup:
Thanks man.

As for the sharpness, I attribute much of that to Lens Align. :) Shameless plug for a product that, while horribly over priced, is quite useful.

Most reactions

Back