fadingaway1986

I Burn Easily :(
Reaction score
Website
www.06photography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yay.

I went for my orientation day on wednesday...

The TAFE looks old on the outside, but quite nice inside. My class is in an airconditioned room (YAY!)...

And the darkrooms they have. Oh how exciting.. lol. They have those cool doors that turn around (get what I mean?)

hehe. I am excited. Have also been accepted for Youth Allowance, so the gov. will be giving me a couple of hundred dollars a fortnight. Yay...

*gets all excited* lol

Hehe, my mum works in the TAFE system doing admin work here in Newcastle. :mrgreen:

Good luck with your course. :)

hehehe it is not university for cheap arses.

It's a technical college.

Good work alecia! Hope you have a good time there and learn lots!!!

You are soo wrong, X-metal

It's university for DUMB Arses. lol

I started today.

Haven't learnt anything *new* yet... Today we were mixing chemicals and putting them into a C-41..

It was *kinda* newish to me... (Yes, I work in a photolab, but our machines, we put replenishment packages in, and they do the most of the work, unless you contaminate)...

And yes, I know every now and then the chemicals need to be changed - but my boss does that :D...

It has clicked though - I think they (work) realise that I will learn those things in my course, and so think they are gonna get off lightly & not have to train me...

... little do they know, I plan on quitting working there ASAP...

hehehe...

We are allowed to process our own films in the C-41 aswell, which I am quite happy about. Shame I have digital now. lol. I might do some film just for the hell of it...

Unfortuantely still have to have it printed somewhere. But thats OK. I also noted they have film scanners - so I will scan them and take them in as digital. hehehehe.. I am evil. lol

Yep. thats about all...

Have prac day tomorrow, we have to shoot 9 exposures of someone holding a grey card...

4 stops underexposed
3 stops underexposed
2 stops underexposed
1 stops underexposed
correct exposure
1 stops overexposed
2 stops overexposed
3 stops overexposed
4 stops overexposed.

Phew... Using Ilford HP5. They told us to do it twice, incase there is a "bubble" in the processing?

Anyways, should be fun.

(by the way, when I saw this post on the list, I thought oooh, someone else is starting tafe... lol. silly me)

wow so it sounds as something ineresting! we don't have photo courses here unfortunatelly...

yep... no photo courses... actually there are 4 universities in my city but no photo course... but I'm doing electronics and telecomunications at techinical univ and next year I'll have a nice subject: digital multimedia techniques :)

oh. well thats not so bad...

At least there is something that *sort of* relates to photography :)

I did dark room work yesterday\

Took a roll of HP5... and shot it off

Then developed it & printed a contact sheet :D

Was fun :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back