I suck at PP, help!

Pure

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'd really like to print this, however, I'd like the snow to be whiter, and have the animals pop out more versus he white snow.

PLEASE, only levels, curve, etc. No selective coloring, etc.

Thanks. And if possible, post the set values for each tweak, I'm trying to learn.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3260/3126789663_1d47abfc69_b.jpg

3126789663_1d47abfc69_b.jpg

Your profile says "NOT OK to edit", but it sounds like this is an exception...?

My edit:

What I did (in Lightroom 2)
Capturelredit1.jpg

Capturelredit2.jpg

Capturelredit3.jpg

Capturelredit4.jpg

Capturelredit5.jpg

I would have also straightened it, but I didn't think to do that till just now.

Levels (RBG)

54 1.00 241

Saturation

+15

Click for FULLSIZE

Could you guys point me in the direction of an online resource/book that teaches you to properly use levels, saturation, curves, histograms, etc. that is SPECIFICALLY aimed at photography, and not general PS use.

Nice, but seems a tad washed out.

Your profile says "NOT OK to edit", but it sounds like this is an exception...?

My edit:

I would have also straightened it, but I didn't think to do that till just now.

This is just me, but it seems too saturated, but might just be my liking?

Levels (RBG)

54 1.00 241

Saturation

+15

Click for FULLSIZE

This is fantastic! Colors are raised, but white doesnt wash everything out, and it looks natural.

I'm A Graphic Design Major, and this kind of stuff is my favorite.

I always believe that Levels should be your first resort when correcting a photo. In a nutshell, you want your black's to be the blackest they can be WITHOUT losing detail, and the same for the whites.

For example, the Hanger that is holding the feeder: You want it to be BLACK, but you need to make sure you still see the shadows and highlights. And Then the Snow, you want it to be WHITE without losing it's texture and making it a FLAT white.

Does that make sense? Let me know if it doesnt and i'll try to make some examples. And believe it or not, YouTube is a GREAT tool for learning photoshop.

When shooting in a situation like this try using auto exposure bracketing or use a compensation of +1 on the exposure. Should make the snow white instead of gray.

Great work Adam. Im very impressed with what you did here. Would love a few tutorials if only u lived nearby.......!!!

Most reactions

Back