I SURVIVED!

I just uploaded at photobucket for now. ;)

Here you go (C&C welcomed as always! I am going to crop on the left and do something with the carpet):
IMG_0653.jpg

I really like the pose you used, and how the color of the wall compliments her bouquet:) overall, it looks a little dark though- is this SOOC?

I played with it a bit in lightroom and gimp, I hope you don't mind.. But I couldn't do too much with the small image.

weddingedited1of1.jpg

I like the pose. On my computer, the image looks a bit underexposed. Maybe a bump in the fill light and a bit on the contrast?

Thank you both for trying to help me with posting a pic from flckr. It doesn't work for me for some reason (I've also tried using a flickr plugin when I was working on coding a web site, and could never get it to work properly).

Aayria: Thank you for the comments! The bedroom we were shooting in was very dark. The only light coming into the room was coming from the windows on the other side of the room (the direction she was looking) and from the windows behind me. Please forgive my TPF newbie-ness, but would you please define SOOC? I see what you did there with the colors and blur. ;) You did almost exactly what I have planned for PP for this photo. However, now the brass lamp base looks like a phallic..errr...idol-thing...

BuS_RiDeR I am cropping left because I can see the blue glass candle holder filled with some of the stuff I moved out of the way for the photos that is sitting on top of the chest-of-drawers, and I feel there is a little too much negative space on that side. I do see the blue, and it's a little much, so I will adjust white balance.

I believe SOOC is: straight out of camera, i.e., no PP done yet. The original shot.

I did a second edit, and took down the blue tones... And played around with cloning out the picture frame. I like the lines of the frame compositionally, but my eye doesn't like how it's cut out. This is s a really quick edit, and if you like the idea I'm sure you could make it turn out much nicer with the RAW file.

For what it's worth, here it is:)

weddingedited21of1.jpg

LOL about the lamp

I like the pose. On my computer, the image looks a bit underexposed. Maybe a bump in the fill light and a bit on the contrast?

It's not your computer. ;) Everyone who has replied agrees with you as well as I do. I knew I should've gone with max ISO because that spot in the bedroom was really dark.

I believe SOOC is: straight out of camera, i.e., no PP done yet. The original shot.

Thank you!

I did a second edit, and took down the blue tones... And played around with cloning out the picture frame. I like the lines of the frame compositionally, but my eye doesn't like how it's cut out. This is s a really quick edit, and if you like the idea I'm sure you could make it turn out much nicer with the RAW file.

For what it's worth, here it is:)

weddingedited21of1.jpg

That looks great! Yes, the original is SOOC.

I was shooting over her shoulder, I was up and down stairs, standing on furniture, climbing on things, and was like stealthy ninja monkey.

First off...EXCELLENT photo...I can't wait to see more from the day.

Secondly, I wanted to give you mad props on actually finding a use for the term "stealthy ninja monkey".

Was it strange telling people what to do with everything? I'm doing two friend's weddings this summer (as a secondary photographer, thank god), and am kind of stressing out about it, as it will be my first actual "professional" shoot. (I'm far from professional, but thats the only word i could think to use there)...

But overall, I like the shot, can't wait to see what you get done with it in PP.

Cheers,
TBG

hum....
I'm not sure I like this pose, I am about the brides size and IMO I would never show this one to anyone because of the boob fat and arm flab that you see...
Her body shape and that pose IMO, are not flattering, but maybe she will like it?
The shot is good but being about the same size and having the same body image as her, I would not like that particular picture.

I was shooting over her shoulder, I was up and down stairs, standing on furniture, climbing on things, and was like stealthy ninja monkey.

First off...EXCELLENT photo...I can't wait to see more from the day.

Secondly, I wanted to give you mad props on actually finding a use for the term "stealthy ninja monkey".

Was it strange telling people what to do with everything? I'm doing two friend's weddings this summer (as a secondary photographer, thank god), and am kind of stressing out about it, as it will be my first actual "professional" shoot. (I'm far from professional, but thats the only word i could think to use there)...

But overall, I like the shot, can't wait to see what you get done with it in PP.

Cheers,
TBG

Haha! Thanks! For the situation, it was just slightly awkward telling people what to do because the bride is a very good friend of mine. It's easier for me to photograph strangers than it is for someone I know. I've worked in a studio for almost 2 years and have photographed countless sessions (I really don't want to know how many, but it's in the thousands), so telling people what to do, adjusting clothes, and props is second nature. Before we started shooting in that room, I moved a lot of things around. I took gaudy pictures off the walls, moved knick knacks, piled pillows on the window seat, and moved anything that looked out of place. Just remember to leave everything as you found it. I also dusted off the dresser that was in the room as well.

This was my first wedding shoot, and I went into the bed and breakfast sight unseen. I just wish my brain was working faster for me. One thing I do absolutely recommend is to get plenty of sleep the night before. I was running on 3 hours sleep and caffeine and stress which made my hands really shaky, and I missed great shots because I couldn't steady my hands. I even used breathing methods used by snipers (shooting photos isn't the only thing I like to shoot), and it helped some, but I know I could have done better! Just go into your wedding shoots, be yourself, and have FUN! I had to remind myself of that a few times because I was nervous since my friend (the bride) is a professional photographer with 15 years experience, so I knew I had to do a good job.

I have a second wedding shoot at the end of June that's located a few states south of me, and I have been researching places online for photography spots so I have a better idea of what to do and how much time I have to shoot. The bride for my second wedding I also know (she's my ex-sister-in-law).

Also, don't forget to feed yourself! I didn't eat anything until later in the evening, which also added into why my hands were so shaky and why I wasn't moving fast enough both physically and mentally. Also, wear professional clothes that you can move around in easily and wear shoes with a grip on the soles so you too can be like stealthy ninja monkey! ;)

hum....
I'm not sure I like this pose, I am about the brides size and IMO I would never show this one to anyone because of the boob fat and arm flab that you see...
Her body shape and that pose IMO, are not flattering, but maybe she will like it?
The shot is good but being about the same size and having the same body image as her, I would not like that particular picture.

The bride is very comfortable with her size and isn't too self conscious. She's showed me pics of herself from before I knew her, and she's proud of her weight loss. She is also 5 months pregnant in this photo. I tried to get her to stretch out a little for several photos (I had planned for her to actually lay on the couch for this one, but she compromised by crossing her legs, for example), but she was just too uncomfortable. I was also trying to get a little higher than her eye level for most photos, but she is about 5 inches taller than I am. For the photo you see here, I was standing on the window seating and the other photographer was to my left and closer to the bride than I was, so I was shooting around the other photographer as well. If I could have gotten higher and thrown out the other photographer, I definitely would have. Not sure if you have read my other posts in this thread, but I mention all that. If I would have moved to my left to take this photo, I would have gotten the reflection of my feet in the picture hanging on the wall.

The bride has seen this photo, and she really liked it. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes. So, yes, I agree with you that I would have done a few things differently.

I agree the picture is gorgeous! I just wish she was either looking at you directly or her shoulder was tilted behind her head.... I try to tell people that if the pose is uncomfortable, the picture is going to look great! haha for posed shots that is.

If she likes it, that is all that matters! If it was me, I would just see my fat arm and boob overflow and I would hate it! haha It is almost like her arm is the focus of the shot since her face is such a small part of the picture...

I think I look great, but I am self conscious about what others see of me.

Most reactions

Back