I think I am going to buy a flash tomorrow

Boz Mon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I think I am going to buy an SB-600 for my D40 tomorrow. My local camera shop is selling it for like $185 where best buy has it for like $250. So is 185 a good deal? Also, what is the proper term for this? Is it a flashgun, or shoemount flash or something like that?

Also, I have a flash for my Pentax ME-Super, and I could never figure out how to successfully use the thing, I assume digital is easier? Could you guys give me some input on this flash?

Good deal, is the price good?

$185 is pretty good for a new one, try craigslist, you can get them for about $130

I've been looking on CL for awhile and nothing has been popping up

make a post WTB Sb-600. You'll probably get at least 2 if you're living in or near chicago.

An sb-600 is going to be my next camera-related purchase.
Amazon has them for $174.95, it's sold BY Amazon, so chances are that the shipping won't be too bad.
But, honestly, you'd only be saving at most $5 ordering it from them.
And the convenience of being able to pick it up from a local store is going to make saving $5 probably not worth it.

I just envy you a little bit right now. I don't have any money to spend on camera stuff right now and I REALLY want a flash.

Ask the Best Buy if they have any SB800's. They're liquidating them and some are selling them for as low as $155.

Already tried the SB-800 route, they dont have any, and it isnt even listed in their computer anymore

Edit: I got it, messed around in my room with it for a bit. All I can say is this is gonna be cool. Good purchase on my part

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back