I think I am going to throw up.

Buyer cognitive dissonance. It passes quite soon usually at the next payday, don't worry. Happens all the time when you buy expensive toys.

Ah, you should have bought the Canon instead. :D

Jokes aside, it's a great lens and you definitely will not regret it. ;)

Why on earth would you tell your husband? And even if you do - the marriage vows say "for better or worse" and a Nikon 24-70 f2.8 comes under the "for better" section of that vow :lol:

I think you will be happy with the increased flexibility of that little lens. I agree primes are amazing but I find myself going back to my zoom lenses more and more for events. Moving around can be difficult and cause you to miss a shot in transition.

As far as sharpness, play around with it and you will find the sweetspot for your zoom. Im sure in a few weeks you will be posting another wedding showing off fantastic results, and you probably did less running and stressing to get them :)

Enjoy the lens :)

Ah, you should have bought the Canon instead. :D

Jokes aside, it's a great lens and you definitely will not regret it. ;)

Don't be pickin' on my Nikon! :gun:
Why on earth would you tell your husband? And even if you do - the marriage vows say "for better or worse" and a Nikon 24-70 f2.8 comes under the "for better" section of that vow :lol:

LOL, Ok, he has gotten past the mild stroke as have I. He now tells people when they ask me what it cost, "It's needed and will pay for itself." Boy, if only if I could sell my sessions as easy as my husband!

I think you will be happy with the increased flexibility of that little lens. I agree primes are amazing but I find myself going back to my zoom lenses more and more for events. Moving around can be difficult and cause you to miss a shot in transition.

As far as sharpness, play around with it and you will find the sweetspot for your zoom. Im sure in a few weeks you will be posting another wedding showing off fantastic results, and you probably did less running and stressing to get them :)

Enjoy the lens :)

Thanks!

On a side note, it was on backorder forever, so I lucked into an E+ grade used one on Adorama for $1716 and free shipping. It arrives tomorrow!! Happy dance!! :clap:

Most reactions

Back