I think I am improving...

lexloo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some shots that I took of a friend a little bit ago. How do we feel about it?
15198633900_09ac4baa0e_z.jpg
15198802607_2f56778c2e_z.jpg
15198651580_f66f5dff7e_z.jpg

Get the subject to engage the camera. Expressionless gazing off somewhere else does not a good photo make.
Read about posing.

Get the subject to engage the camera. Expressionless gazing off somewhere else does not a good photo make.
Read about posing.

This.

I'm a newb myself...However, it seems like the area where you will currently see the most improvement for your time investment is in posing. Find some YouTube videos or do a search on here for posing book recommendations.

This is a video that Derrel recommended I take a look at and it really opened my eyes to the delicate and powerful difference proper posing can make...

Classical Posing & Portrait Lighting - YouTube

A few thoughts: People are taller than they are wide; when you turn the camera 90 degrees, the frame is taller than it is wide, also known as 'Portrait' aspect *Hint* *Hint* It's rarely appropriate to pose anyone, and NEVER females square to the camera (also known as 'football shoulders').

Start by turning the subject 20-30 degrees away from the camera, and have them look back at you. Tell them to put their weight on the back foot and lift the heel of the front one just slightly. Then have them push their chin out just slightly and drop it a little bit. Lastly tell a joke or do something else to get them to smile.

What he said ^^^^^ and maybe get a bit higher for a plumper figure.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back