I think I'm going to barf....

rub

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last weekend was my wosrt nightmare. I lost a memory card from a wedding.

Today, I shock off all the guilt, went out and shot another wedding. 1920's themed. I was VERY happy with the images. I felt like I was on my game.

Now, I am trying to open the images and I can't. I ahve been having issues opening the nef files and coverted one to a tiff and jpeg. both came out the same. They are all showing up like completely overexposed images (almost completely white) and I have no idea what is going on. These were shot with a new Nikon D90. I shot images this morning with the same camera and no issues.

The thumbnails look fine. The histogram on the camera doesnt show this.

What is going on?

7817_171210931182_551601182_4295764_5097355_n.jpg

What are you using to import? Check the settings on the import. Maybe they got out of whack and are boosting the exposure too much.

Raw Files should come out just as shot on the camera. If the thumbnails look fine then the original data should be fine.

How do they look on the camera's display? Can you load them into another computer, or e-mail them to someone and have them check it out?

Last weekend was my wosrt nightmare. I lost a memory card from a wedding.

Today, I shock off all the guilt, went out and shot another wedding. 1920's themed. I was VERY happy with the images. I felt like I was on my game.

Now, I am trying to open the images and I can't. I ahve been having issues opening the nef files and coverted one to a tiff and jpeg. both came out the same. They are all showing up like completely overexposed images (almost completely white) and I have no idea what is going on. These were shot with a new Nikon D90. I shot images this morning with the same camera and no issues.

The thumbnails look fine. The histogram on the camera doesnt show this.

What is going on?

7817_171210931182_551601182_4295764_5097355_n.jpg

What is your exif info on this image? Try this converter Contenta Converter - A professional photo converter and see what happens. I tried it although I found it sometimes will convert and drop color information. I converted to a TIFF format with better results.

Or if you would like, I could do a test and convert the image you posted just to see how it looks. Let me know if you would like me to convert it.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back