I think I'm gonna be sick...

3of11

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I really need some advice. I have had such a hard week. I've gotten multiple pictures back to give to clients that I've been very unhappy with. I have a wedding to shoot soon (stressed out!), more family sessions to shoot. I don't have the energy to spend to much time trying to correct my errors, and I am starting to doubt my ability even exists. I guess my biggest question is, how do I get clear pictures?!!! Tell me if this is wrong to do, I focus on their eyes, hold the focus, reposition, and then take the picture. I tried the tripod and the pictures still came out about the same. I want CRISP, CLEAR images and I'm not getting any. Any advice would be SOOOOO welcomed.

best to give us something to work with here - post up an example of some of your images which are failing to meet your targets as well as an example of one which has (if you don't have one which you consider does meet the standard you want then link to an example from someone elses work).
Also post a 100% crop from the photo - that is a crop taken from the photo whilst its at fullsize - thus allowing us to see what the quality is like a fullsize without having you to post the fullimage at that size. An area like the face is a good place to choose since it shows the sharp areas of a shot

Agree with Overread, we need to see some samples.. and what the **** is with the "Sponsored links" inside the threads. That's new!

eh?
I am not seeing any ads in posts here - I think your page might have loaded strange possibly? I am on IE 7 so no fancy foxyadblocker ;)

gotta log in....just saw it too :)

Sorry to be the one that brings this so-often-mentioned-on-this-forum point up but... If you cannot get sharp pictures, don't know how to and have tried but failed to rectify the problem with a tripod, why on earth are you taking on clients and are about to shoot a wedding?

That said, post some examples as others have mentioned.

Sorry to be the one that brings this so-often-mentioned-on-this-forum point up but... If you cannot get sharp pictures, don't know how to and have tried but failed to rectify the problem with a tripod, why on earth are you taking on clients and are about to shoot a wedding?

That said, post some examples as others have mentioned.

I would have to agree... You should know at least some basics before even shooting freebies, although it is easy to get suckered in :) (I did for some free maternity pics). I say avoid the wedding completely.

Anyway, post examples and I'm sure someone can help you out. Are you making sure your shutter speed is high enough to avoid blur from the subject (people) moving? Are you using a flash to allow you to use a higher shutter speed?

I'm NOT going to comment about the wedding... I saw NO mention of a wedding in this thread... I will NOT air my views on inexperienced people trying to shoot weddings... again.

- How long have you been shooting?
- Are you doing any post processing?
- Are you shooting RAW?
- Post a picture
- Give an equipment list.

Our telepathic abilities are weak today, so help us help you!! ;)

Nope, it ain't happening. Not this time.
(kundalini... shhh! Quit trying to be a ****disturber, you're killing my concentration... lol)
(lyncca, you aren't helping either!)

Lyncca, in the links you provided, there are about 3-5 things wrong (on average) with each pic and issues range from:
- soft focus
- composition
- exposure
- lighting
- post processing
- choice of location
- and many other things.

My only good thing that I can say is that 3of11 has the presence of mind to at least see and admit that there are some major issues happening here that demand attention ASAP and is looking for help.

Last edited:
On the last link, I like the location choices with the exception of blown out skies. (Maybe because I am tree and forest deprived.) I would like to hear more on that Jerry.

Also, another positive is that her clients seem comfortable with her. If that is the case, I think the technical can be learned easier than if people flat out just don't like you :)

Most reactions

Back