I think my RX100 M3 is defective.

I just want to share something regarding the faulty RX100 M3 I had yesterday.

So here is a side by side comparison of the RX100 M3 and my D610...I know it's different. But just bare with me. Yes, the D610 has different lens but I took the image in the EXACT same lighting conditions and settings. You'd think the RX100 M3 would have a "similar" appearance and if I recall correctly, I remember the LCD on the RX100 M3 had a VERY similar appearance to the D610 image. Something is totally wrong haha.

View attachment 119875

AND remember, that you must multiply the aperture by the crop factor (2.7). So that was really like shooting at f/4.86. Right Tony Nothrup?!

So basically I have to take the picture at f/5 with the D610 to get the same exposure? So EVEN more underexposed then. That RX100 M3 is junk. There was times I noticed when changing the exposure comp on the M3 to say -3 EV, the shutter speed would get slower instead of faster. But other times it would work normal! Makes no sense!

nah it was a joke. He spouts that garbage out but doesn't clarify that it's only in regards to comparing the DOF. im way off topic.

return it already and get a new one ..

... ooh, you already did that !!

nah it was a joke. He spouts that garbage out but doesn't clarify that it's only in regards to comparing the DOF. im way off topic.

Even if this were significant, the built-in meter would be biased to reflect this.

Congrats on your new deal! Hope this one will work for you. I've had good luck twice with open box at Best Buy. The M3 was $500 (when the M3 was the newest version) and the M4 was $690. They will ship if they have one from a different area. I checked yesterday and there was an M3 open box 250 miles from me. The price wasn't listed and I think you have to call or put in the cart.

Congrats on your new deal! Hope this one will work for you. I've had good luck twice with open box at Best Buy. The M3 was $500 (when the M3 was the newest version) and the M4 was $690. They will ship if they have one from a different area. I checked yesterday and there was an M3 open box 250 miles from me. The price wasn't listed and I think you have to call or put in the cart.

The seller also stated that the camera still has manufacturer warranty, if its true...then they must have bought it not too long ago. Hmmm...well I'll find out when I get it.

I got the camera! And it works beautifully. No overexposure issues at all. It seems to be metering normal and it starts up faster. Changing modes is instant whereas on the other one changing from A to M mode would freeze the camera for a few seconds. The ring on the lens is smooth and doesn't make any sounds like the other one did.

The image stabilization is working a lot better as well. I can take sharp photos like down to 1/10th of a second, haha. On the other one I had, the images was blurry at like 1/2000th of a second!!

The ONLY issue I've had with this camera was the memory card. I had bought a Sony 16gb SDHC UH1 C10 70mb/s for like $4 as a add on item to get free shipping from B&H a while ago and it takes about 2 minutes to reformat the card in the camera. So I took it out and installed my secondary card from my D610 which is a Lexar 400x 16gb c10-UH1 card and it reformats in a couple seconds. Installed the Sony card in my D610 and it works fine and reformats instantly. So for some reason the RX100 M3 just did not like that Sony memory card. I'll probably will just get a Lexar 64gb SDXC so I can record video in higher quality format.

So far, I am really impressed with this camera!

I got all of this for $525!

Erwin-160426-2578.jpg

A spare sony battery with travel charger, sony leather case, sony cp filter and adapter..like $200 worth of extras and it was cheaper than the one I had before! Also, they orginal owner installed a high quality glass screen protector that is scratch resistant. I don't see myself using the leather case or the cp filter, so I'll probably just sell them. They appear to be new. The CP filter isn't even open. The travel charger is nice to have I guess, but it takes forever to charge the battery. So I might just buy the wall charger instead of charging over USB. Also will get the Sony rubber grip and maybe a gordy leather wrist strap.

The camera is absolutely flawless.

I wanted to test it outside today but its snowing...and its almost May. Ugh...sometimes I just don't like Vermont.

Erwin-160425-2556.jpg

Erwin-160426-2566.jpg

Erwin-160426-2570.jpg

Erwin-160426-2573.jpg

So far..so good! Thanks everyone for all the help.

Looks Good.I guess the other one was Lemon.

The new one is a Strawberry, and good to go !!

ive noticed the card in my a6000 takes a hot minute. i should try some of my others in it.

I'm wondering what is a decent SDXC card that works good with the RX100 M3. I'm thinking Lexar honestly.

Most reactions

Back