I think my RX100 M3 is defective.

After a bunch of San Disk Failures, I've gone to Transcend's UHS-1 class 3.

Heh, I had Transcend cards and had nothing but problems.

I just bought a 64gb SDXC SanDisk Extreme Pro for my RX100 M3. Did some research and this card apparently has the fastest write speed in this camera.

I just bought a 64gb SDXC SanDisk Extreme Pro for my RX100 M3. Did some research and this card apparently has the fastest write speed in this camera.

I have two of those cards. One for over a year now and no problems. I really like the leather case. It is easy to snap off the front. Since I primarily shoot video, I where it cross-body and with arms extended makes for stabilization.

It would be helpful if you could post back on the battery life. In Mexico at 90+ the battery gave me 300 photos for time-lapse. I ran a few tests recently at home and got almost 2000 photos in 3 time-lapses for one battery. It was about 60 to 70 degrees. I realize heat makes a difference, but it seems odd that I can shoot a lot of video in the heat over several days on one battery charge. The manual does state one battery charge is about 300 raw photos.

Formatting the card is very slow with the M3 & the M4. It doesn't matter if the card is partially used or just a few files it is slow. The 70D whips through formatting. Must be a Sony design?

I have two of those cards. One for over a year now and no problems. I really like the leather case. It is easy to snap off the front. Since I primarily shoot video, I where it cross-body and with arms extended makes for stabilization.

It would be helpful if you could post back on the battery life. In Mexico at 90+ the battery gave me 300 photos for time-lapse. I ran a few tests recently at home and got almost 2000 photos in 3 time-lapses for one battery. It was about 60 to 70 degrees. I realize heat makes a difference, but it seems odd that I can shoot a lot of video in the heat over several days on one battery charge. The manual does state one battery charge is about 300 raw photos.

Formatting the card is very slow with the M3 & the M4. It doesn't matter if the card is partially used or just a few files it is slow. The 70D whips through formatting. Must be a Sony design?

After putting in my Lexar memory card, it was night and day difference. Formating was almost instantly, also deleting pictures were instant whereas with the Sony memory card I had would take nearly 2 minutes to format and it would hang on deleting files. But the Sony Sd card works fine in my D610 lol.

I guess Sony cards don't work well in their own cameras. Nice job Sony!

I'll stick with the SanDisk cards.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back