I think this is a good thing

Nikon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I took my first set of senior pics back a few weeks ago and did the prints and everything myself. The guy is graduating this weekend and his mom went to have the cake done with one of the pictures put on it. The people at the store refused to make the cake saying the pic was copyrighted, and she explained to them over and over that it was okay (I had given them permission b/c we know them well) and finally they did it. Then she had to make two copies of one of the pics and tried to do it at the do it yourself photo machine and the lady told her she wasn't allowed saying the pics were professionally done. And again after much deliberation and arguing they finally allowed her to do so :lol:

I just thought that was really funny and exciting that the people at the store thought that they were pro prints!!!

Yes, you should...you should also make up a permission to reproduce sheet, that you can sign and give to them if they ever need to have reprints done again. I'm surprised those two places caved, cuz without written permission, most places are NOT supposed to reprint anything that looks professionally done.

One of them was walmart so it's not too surpsing that they caved...but a form is a good idea :) I guess I didn't really anticipate doing this too frequently, but everyone that has seen this kids pics keeps telling me how much they liked them and want pics done so who knows...kind of exciting though :)

wooooow congrats :D:D:D:D hehe "professionally done" :) great!

Most reactions

Back