I think this is good

JimmyJaceyMom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Someone in my area is selling this stuff all for 300 bucks!!!! For all of it. Is that a good deal do you think? I am seriously considering scrounging up some bucks to buy it.

All are in new – barely used condition:

Canon Rebel X 35mm Film Camera Body w/Canon Comfort Neck Strap

Paid: $300.00 + $19.99

Quantaray (Ritz Camera Brand) 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 AF/M Zoom Lens w/UV protection filter & lens hood

Paid: $199.99 + $16.99 (filter) + $5.99 (hood)

Quantaray (Ritz Camera Brand) 70-300mm f/3.5-5.6 Macro AF/M Zoom Lens w/UV protection filter & lens hood

Paid: $124.95 + $18.99 + $5.99

Quantaray (Ritz Camera Brand) QTB-9500A Bounce/Zoom Head AF w/Canon AF module

Paid: $149.95

2 Circular Polarizing filters – one for each lens

Paid: $29.99 + $31.99

2 Cross-Screen filters – 4x for the 28-80mm lens & 6x for the 70-300mm lens

Paid: $12.99 + $15.99

3” Ultra-Pod (table top tripod)

Paid: $5.99

Canon RS60-E3 Quick Release

Paid: $39.99

Tamrac Expedition 3 Camera Back-Pack Case

Paid: $99.95

Titan QT II-750 Tripod w/Pan-Head, Level & Quick Release Platform

Paid: $79.95

Nah...the glass is crap. Trust me.

Yeah I guess. I was thinking more about the tripod the bag and the film camera body since I dont have one. Is that flash crappy too?

I don't think that's a good deal, either.
Film cameras are insultingly cheap, and you can get some wonder (far better than a Rebel X, if you want -please, no offense) plus a nice lens for that money or easily even less. Yes, you won't have all that stuff, but that you'll have you'll keep, which wouldn't happen with the one included in the offer.

Probably the numbers say great offer, but then things you'll have, don't

see if you can get the filters for like 20$ for all.. ?

besides that its total crap

Really, I can see no point in buying a film SLR new at this point. Used ones are unbelievably cheap on eBay. Today I picked up a very good autofocus 35mm SLR body for what I guess equates to about $40, and that was in a camera store (which usually overprices used cameras). So I don't see any need to buy new. And really, the rest of the stuff in that bundle is not very good. $300 can go a suprisingly long way - but not there.

Ok. Darn! haha. I won't do it. I'll listen to you guys but only because you've been right since the moment I've joined this board. Thanks for your honesty and input!!! You guys are great!

yeah quantaray is pretty cheap brand- but keep an eye out for things on ebay for sure. for $50 i got a film SLR (which is pretty much just for collection now :p) but it came with a Tamron 70-210mm MF zoom and a regular Nikon 50mm MF f/1.8. and both lenses have worked well for me so far. i have like NO money to spend on camera stuff *sob* but i'm glad to have found what i did rather than have nothing but the kit lens.

Thanks guys... I did turn down the offer. I'll keep my eye out. :)

Most reactions

Back