Alison

Swiss Army Friend
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
fatephoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took a stroll through my Mom's garden today. I've been in a photographic slump for quite some time and I thought I would venture out into something other than weddings/children. Comments and suggestions for improvement are more than welcome, I have no idea what I am doing! :lol: I also have no idea what any of these plants are, sadly that gene did not get passed down from Mother to Daughter!

1846-CRW_7806-web.jpg

1846-CRW_7809-web.jpg

1846-CRW_7814-web.jpg

1846-CRW_7821-web.jpg

5. Come on, I had to throw one non flower in there ;)
1846-CRW_7827-web.jpg

1846-CRW_7828-web.jpg

1846-CRW_7835-web.jpg

1846-CRW_7839-web.jpg

1846-CRW_7857-web.jpg

1846-CRW_7865-web.jpg

1846-CRW_7867-web.jpg

Alison in Landscape and Nature! Now that is a sight to behold!!! ;)

And you say you did not know what you were doing?
Ha!

But all your photographing weddings and children has taught you how to use a camera well, and hey, with flowers, which don't move nor cry nor need to be entertained in order to smile you just cannot go wrong!

And you didn't!
You don't need any pointers. They're all wonderful pics.

Especially that little "flower" in Photo 5!!!! :lol:

Thanks, Corinna! It was fun to try something new, though challenging to think of angles to try. My goal is to get out walking more and perhaps it will become easier as I see things on our walks :)

The one in #5 is growing like a weed ;)

Those are all great!!! I also LOVE #5!! What a cute little "flower"! :D

Thanks for the comments :D

good stuff alison..... you've done well with these..... good to see you in another section! :thumbup:

Archangel said:
good stuff alison..... you've done well with these..... good to see you in another section! :thumbup:

Yeah, I didn't realize there was anything other than wedding & portrait for years :lol:

Thanks for the comments. It was great to take these and I look forward to more contributions in this section ;)

Alison these are great... I love 8 and 11... Great photos... YES For someone who has no clue what they are doing with nature photos did awefully well! hehe

Pretty nice shots. #3 and #8 are my favorites. My suggestion would be to use a tripod and depth of field preview. It will give you more control over the the areas of sharpness. If no DOF then bracket. :thumbup:

p.s. #8 might look really cool converted to B&W. Just a thought.

Most reactions

Back