I thought it was public restrooms...

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by samal, Oct 22, 2008.

1. samal

samal TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    In the middle of local sports complex, there is this structure that I always looked at without knowing what it was. Turns out it's VOR...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VHF_omnidirectional_range

somehow it made it worth stopping on the way home and taking a quick snap - I will be back for sure to take some more creative angles

C&C is welcome

[​IMG]

2. samal

samal TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Well, I will be first - it sucks! now if only I knew why...:p

3. Ls3D

Ls3D TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Tried a little blue in the highlights as the color temperature was meh.. then punched the greens and desaturated after a few curves over amplified the ranges.

Should be a good subject for you if security does not start taking your picture!

-Shea

[​IMG]

4. samal

samal TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Interesting - I took this pic at sunny evening right before the sunset in fall. you made it look like it's morning in summer :lol:

5. Ls3D

Ls3D TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Maybe a longer exposure would pick up more warmth? Or just seeing it larger would give me a different feel. If you could have positioned yourself lower, the form and contrast could have been exploited a bit more.

I think people like a bit more contrast in images, so that was my main goal in editing yours. And I do ignore color temperature sometimes!

Shoot this thing up, go back a night too,.. and please share your treasures should they show up on your light table.

-Shea

6. samal

samal TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Valid points - that pic was a spur of the moment and didn't even know if there was a road going to it. Today I stopped by to check closer and it turns out that the roof is semitransparent too bad I can't get underneath - it has fence with barb wire all around, but good, that there is not security personell around it.

I didn't have a camera with me, but will def have it with me tomorrow - I plan riding motorcycle to work tomorrow and think it has good potential for a bike pic

7. samal

samal TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I agree with yuor suggestions - packing my tripod to my saddlebags right now, will also try a 50mm, I just picked up few days ago