I thought it was public restrooms...

samal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In the middle of local sports complex, there is this structure that I always looked at without knowing what it was. Turns out it's VOR...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VHF_omnidirectional_range

somehow it made it worth stopping on the way home and taking a quick snap - I will be back for sure to take some more creative angles

C&C is welcome

037-vi.jpg

Well, I will be first - it sucks! now if only I knew why...:p

Tried a little blue in the highlights as the color temperature was meh.. then punched the greens and desaturated after a few curves over amplified the ranges.

Should be a good subject for you if security does not start taking your picture!

-Shea

037-vi_mods.jpg

Interesting - I took this pic at sunny evening right before the sunset in fall. you made it look like it's morning in summer :lol:

Maybe a longer exposure would pick up more warmth? Or just seeing it larger would give me a different feel. If you could have positioned yourself lower, the form and contrast could have been exploited a bit more.

I think people like a bit more contrast in images, so that was my main goal in editing yours. And I do ignore color temperature sometimes!

Shoot this thing up, go back a night too,.. and please share your treasures should they show up on your light table.

-Shea

Valid points - that pic was a spur of the moment and didn't even know if there was a road going to it. Today I stopped by to check closer and it turns out that the roof is semitransparent too bad I can't get underneath - it has fence with barb wire all around, but good, that there is not security personell around it.

I didn't have a camera with me, but will def have it with me tomorrow - I plan riding motorcycle to work tomorrow and think it has good potential for a bike pic

I agree with yuor suggestions - packing my tripod to my saddlebags right now, will also try a 50mm, I just picked up few days ago

Most reactions

New Topics

Back