I took a shot and tried to photoshop a new sky in..help needed plz

RL.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
rldigitalmedia.zenfolio.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I fairly new to photography/photoshop..the method I used to photoshop the sky in was to open both pics in photoshop cs3, and clicked and dragged the sky layer onto the lake layer. Then I double licked the new layer and moved the slider but the transition between the sky and buildings looks unnatural, how can I make it look nice!? Help would be very appreciated.

here is the original:
DSC_0416.jpg

after:
222222.jpg

Last edited:
I can't help you with any photoshop tips, but I think it will never look truly natural. The shadows and reflections do not agree with each other. The light and shadows on the buildings have a whole different direction then you would expect with this sky.

Why would you want to redo the sky? Was the original so bad??

I can't help you with any photoshop tips, but I think it will never look truly natural. The shadows and reflections do not agree with each other. The light and shadows on the buildings have a whole different direction then you would expect with this sky.

Why would you want to redo the sky? Was the original so bad??

getting these elements to match up in a believable photo is not easy to do.

Just show the original and the people will tell you what to do.

lol I think it looks pretty cool but who am I? :) I do see a lot of "artifacting" around the buildings but...

Isn't this kind of thing what HDR is for? Merging multiple exposures so that you get the sky and the ground? Photoshop can do it automatically too..

Most reactions

Back