I took this today..

229.jpg

I took this last night..

I thought the sky was beautiful on my way home last night.

223.jpg
224.jpg

maybe it's your eyesight... maybe it's the diopter adjustment on the back of the viewfinder. focus your lens, then turn the little wheel on diopter and peer through it.

Last edited:
^^ Yep that looks pretty crisp to me.
TJ

I agree that the couple you posted are not fully in focus, they are not sharp as they should be. Where you using a tripod?

So, is it me, my eyes, camera or lens?

Is my camera broken?

How is the focus on this?

253.jpg

This is soft. and it appears a little overexposed to me. You were shooting at 1/5000th at f/4 and yet you have your ISO up at 400. Turn it down to 100 ( not that this is your focus problem ) but just saying. If you have ample lighting ( like outdoors in the daytime ) the lower the ISO, the better quality of image you are going to have.

what do you mean by ''this' ?
what do you mean by ''on'' ?
what do you mean by ''focus'?'

define acceptable focus. in the sense of subjective, visual art/depiction.
something is soft , something else is sharp, something else is considered tack sharp.
they're all generalised, crude terms without formalised, imperical meanings.

it's like saying this motorbike is fast. oh no its not, this motorbike is fast. well this fighter jet is fast as well. and so is space shuttle. you know ...pointless.

i could posture that your acceptable focus is below my standards. what does achieve? it makes me seem more of focal connoisseur. that's just being pretentious. a person can temper c&c with a little subjective tolerance. MS's snap is a snap..in a garden (yard), manually focussed, inexpert..a bit of fun. to be jumped on by a macro enthusiast and dismissed singularly as a missed objective is pretty intolerant IMO.

I didn't edit it.. The red looks cool.. but not natural.

Thoughts..

239.jpg

Oh, I used a smaller lens- 52mm and I believe I had focus on manual.

What lenses and filters are you using? The picture looks overexposed to me. I don't think it looks too soft, but its not tack sharp either as others have said. Did you change your picture settings to "Neutral" like I explained in your other post? If you did, then that is probably why your colors are a little flat ( also as stated in the other post ). Typically if you underexpose a little your colors are going to be darker as well. ( since you are little over exposed that woudl also be an explanation.

I have looked in my manual for all the things that have been suggested to check on my camera. I didn't find it under the names listed. I reset my camera.

The lens I used on the above picture is a 52mm. It looks like some filter is onit. I believe it came with the lens?? I may have bought it.. IT says Skylight 1A.

Ok-- forget that the light bulb has not gone on about the focusing. Let me just say out loud or here about the overexpose comments.

I feel they are a little over exposed for my liking. So, do this mean.. (feel free to help me with this) this mean I should adjust the camera so that the light meter is a line or two to the left of center. right?

Sorry I am not using technical terms...

DID you use a tripod?

Ok-- forget that the light bulb has not gone on about the focusing. Let me just say out loud or here about the overexpose comments.

I feel they are a little over exposed for my liking. So, do this mean.. (feel free to help me with this) this mean I should adjust the camera so that the light meter is a line or two to the left of center. right?

Sorry I am not using technical terms...

Just speed up the shutter speed from the current setting or make the aperture smaller or both.
TJ

Most reactions

Back