I TRIED... but i failed.

captain-spanky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.higg.co.uk
i read in an old magazine that if you wanted a fish eye lens but couldn't afford to buy/hire one, you could actually make one!
So i tried.
It said to get an old lens cap and to mark out the exact centre of it. Then, buy one of those 'door viewers' that you can get to spy on people lurking outside your house door.. drill a hole in your lens cap equal to the diameter of the viewer and mount it in the centre of your cap. Stick it on the lens and zoom in and focus until it's right.

well it didn't work.
I don't know if my 67mm lens was just too wide or what but all i could get was a tiny tiny tiny little circle (about 10% of the view thru the eyepiece) and i couldn't tell what was in it therefore i couldn't focus.
I've ordered another lens cap so i can try it on my dad's 58mm lens but i'm not expecting much.
The only thing left for me is to see if i can find a cheap add-on when i go on holiday to greece...

ah well at least i tried. :D

Ok, so we've got do-it-yourself macro lenses, and do-it-yourself fish-eye lenses...anyone know of a good do-it-yourself 80-300mm lense? :p

core_17 said:
Ok, so we've got do-it-yourself macro lenses, and do-it-yourself fish-eye lenses...anyone know of a good do-it-yourself 80-300mm lense? :p

Ever try taping binoculars to your lens? :lmao:

core_17 said:
Hmmm...that's a thought! :p

Corry! Now I'm at the stage of adjusting my telescope (viewer only 27 mm) to my cam 52 mm huh :p trial and error method :p

Most reactions

Back