i tried very hard.

Christina

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
im seeming to have a very hard time posting tonight, please take the time to check out my very first wedding, i need feedback from people i know will be open and honest and help me grow in my work. i plan on posting more when im not having programs going against me :grumpy:

1)
l_97f50ae463163e3d47a423d56c5d6f66.jpg

2)
l_bc98d4a3c4486b576b5133998def464d.jpg

3)
l_5951e0b7ffa422067319925885ad7d3a.jpg

not bad.. its a start. and as long as you think of it that way.. youll only progress.

im not sure if i would have had the gang looking straight up.. you might be a little to heigh.

i found that fisheyes work real good for younger folks wedding pictures, espeically when you have the whole gang in the picture, fisheye can add some nice affects

Minor nitpick - spot heal the black gum spots off the sidewalk.

i just wanted to add, The bride and groom were fully aware of this being my first wedding, since we have been aqaintiances (sp?) since I started doing photography, they were very insistant that i would do just fine, and wanted to give me the experience.. i was very happy to recieve a call from the bride and groom later that night to inform me that " i acted very professional and it seemed like i had been doing this for years, and they were looking forward to seeing photographs"... It was very calming as i drove home thinking about what i got in my head, i hope i dont disapoint them.

4)
l_2d860e428b647948643b2f7b0a210666.jpg

5)
l_f2c6c85d4162b8c9dab0fe1de476a9f9.jpg

6)
l_a3b510385bb9fa9ce0a7f728e1e002e3.jpg

and thanks for the gum idea...
i like the bridesmaids looking up, but it dont give the same effect for me on a larger group, but im still partial to it for some reason...

I also had a very difficult time with poses due to the fact it was raining outside and the building we used was actually a office facility,

With the two pictures of them on the hill, I would have had the taller man be on the downhill side so the height difference wouldnt be so great. Also, when doing mirror shots, keep the reflected image in focus. It looks like you focused on her and not the mirror.

Doug Raflik

your right, i did focus on her :meh: damn me. i did get another mirror shot but her eyes look missing :confused:

There were so many shots that i would have liked to try that i didnt get a chance too. she had a dj that was a family friend giving her grief and holding her up from everyone.

last batch (for this thread ) i promise.

7)
l_59b6da180e8b4b5dabee3c6deb086746.jpg

8)
l_3320280910020a05cf1cf6eb06aea21c.jpg

9)
l_e1f51047d70fcde55c9f5e6ae9aafbab.jpg

I think they're pretty good. It's hard to give a shot-by-shot critique right now, I don't have the time.

If there's one general comment I'd like to make is that you should consider your backgrounds carefully. The palm fronds (in shot #3 for instance) are extremely busy, and detract from the subjects. Your best shots to my taste are #4 (the bathroom mirror) and the ones looking up - because the subjects are clearer. In your case, a simple remedy might be some fancier gear. If you get yourself some faster lenses (meaning a wider possible aperture such as f/2.8 or even f/1.4) you can really isolate your subject from the background.

Also, you're over-exposing - I think. A computer monitor cannot tell the truth, you'll only really know once you've printed. My concern is that the blacks of the suits are too dark, and detail is lost. Set exposure compensation on your camera to -1. Or better yet, read the manual on how to set expsoure compensation, and experiment with some dark clothes before your next shoot.

You did well for the first time. Some advice would be:

Taking the shots are the easiest parts of the entire process. IMO, the processing that occurs afterwards is the most important.
For instance, a slight adjustment in exposure and some clone work on the first would work miracles. Adding a blur to the edge would help too.

It's overwelming at first, but the more you do it, the faster you get at it.
But still, for the very first time, I think you did nicely.

A lot of them look out of focus, but I think some of that comes from the major .jpg artifacts you have in these compressions, especially #8. I would like to see #3 with a tighter crop. Otherwise, great job for your first wedding!

Off topic WildMaven, but I have this super cool new action from the Boutwells that can "bring back" a slightly OOF photo. Worth the whole bundle. It's called "Boutwell Magic Glasses" and it's amazing!

update :

i previewed some of these to the bride and she was very happy with them, yay, she works at a place where i ordered lunch from today and when my lunch was delivered she had wrote "your wonderful" across the styrofoam.:D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back