i try...but jeez louise

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by HASHASHIN, Apr 23, 2007.

1. HASHASHIN

HASHASHIN TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    so im trying to eat a bit more healthy...and i went down to the little cafeteria here at the exchange...and all they had was fried chicken, some kind of italian sandwiches, and pizza.

i went for the pizza...i used to be 155 lbs, then i moved in with my girlfriend. I gained about 50 lbs in, oh lets say, 5 or 6 months....

im tall so i dont look like a fatty , just bigger then i was...but since i have a wedding coming up in a little less then a year, and all those pictures that i have to be in, ive decided to try to lose a bit of the weight... any one here have any ideas to keep me away from the random deliciousness of fattening foods? :drool:

2. blackdoglab

blackdoglab yeah I'm easy.... but I'm not cheap

Photos OK to edit
    Hey, I'm trying to drop a load too. Tray to get out walking for a half an hour a day, avoid snacking, and drink more water than you normally would. Walking will raise your metabolism and burn calories and the additional water will fill you up.

3. HASHASHIN

HASHASHIN TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    we just got a puppy so ive been walking more then normal, and i live in nyc..so i walk a crap load daily.

plus the weather here is finally starting to look up...so ill be skating again every chance i get. Its just the snacking that gets me, and i was raised knowing there where starving children in china...so i never leave leftovers. lol

i sit right next to the water cooler, so im drinking water and greentea all freakin day long...maybe its a tumor in my belly =)

4. Chris of Arabia

Chris of Arabia Herding cats since 1988... Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    This might sound like a lecture, but it does sound like you need to think about your habits and start making some very conscious decisions about your lifestyle. 50lbs is a hell of a lot in that space of time and you need to look closely at what you're doing and why. If you carry on down that route, you're going to be getting real friendly with a cardiologist a lot sooner than you'd like to be. Take it from me, that is not a friendship you want anytime soon.

I thought I was fine too right up until the point where I was getting what I thought were nasty back pains, which (because you do) I ignored and I couldn't last two minutes on a treadmill. Fortunately .the treadmill was combined with an ECG and I discovered I had a bit more than back pain. I got lucky and only ended up with an angioplasty. I was very close to having a heart attack, as one of my coronary arteries was 90% blocked.

That was nearly 12 months ago now and for various reasons, last night was spent in A&E thinking I was starting to see a repeat performance. Fortunately it seems that nothing was amiss - maybe just work and travelling caught up with me, but it was another disconcerting warning about how fragile the human body can be.

So take the hint, ease off on the good stuff, get some regular exercise and make sure you know how to take a break and chill. Your body will thank you in the long run.

>;o))

5. HASHASHIN

HASHASHIN TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    the thing is not much has changed..i eat better if anything...i just eat three meals a day..instead of one large one...im getting older so my metabolism is probably slowing down...im just as active as i always was..walking at least 2 miles a day to work, i dont drink soda..i quit smoking cigarettes and the reefer...youre more likely to find me outside doing something then sitting inside in front of the tv..
    the only thing that has really changed is that my fiancee cooks dinner everynight...during the week i have a yogurt and cereal for breaky...and whatever for lunch

im 23 years old..i shouldnt have to worry about my heart yet....should i?

6. Puscas

Puscas TPF Noob!

well it's not the age but probably your lifestyle (and genes) that will put you at risk. But ehm, do you think you gaining weight has anything to do with you quiting smoking? It did (somewhat) in my case.
    I don't think your metabolism slows down that much at age 23, it's usually when you pass 30.
    The best thing is: eat healthy and exercise and don't fool yourself. You say you eat healthy, but you were in that cafetaria and you did eat that pizza. (don't get me wrong: I'm like that too).

Well, I'm off to the gym! :lol:

pascal

7. Alex_B

Alex_B No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    determine your weight every morning, draw a diagram in excel, that will allow you to see trends over several weeks and you will realise when things go the wrong way.

drink alot (water, tea)

do not snack

avoid things like pizza and white bread and fries and burgers.

do not drink any softdrinks !! even the sugar free or reduced ones activate the wrong metabolism by mimicking sugar taste.

fat is ok if it is not a hell lot of it.

do not replace fat in your diet by carbohydrates (as in many of those low fat diet products) ... those carbohydrates are just about as much calories and will be transformed into body fat if your calory intake exceeds your needs

walk, avoid cars

if you have the time, go to the gym and build up muscle ... maintaining muscle mass uses up a lot of calories!

if you have the time go running every second day about an hour.

give yourself a "sin day" each week where you may have pizza, burgers, fries and all those horrible but sometimes tasty things ;)

avoid cars

avoid cars

8. HASHASHIN

HASHASHIN TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    i dont even own a car...so thats an easy one...
    i drink alot of green tea and water...
    i hate soda....i havnt had one for a long long time...
    i think im going to have to leave the exchange for my lunch if i really want to lose this fat...their choices are unhealthy and unhealthier ...

i do push ups and sit ups in the mornings..but i never run...
    i detest the gym...we wont go through the long story of why working out on sweat drenched benches bugs me out...

maybe ill try to work some more running in my schedule...

9. Alex_B

Photos NOT OK to edit
    oh, a female friend of mine (dead sexy blondie) has her own trick, and it appears to work. she tends to gain weight easily, not just where it counts but everywhere.

but now, to control weight she eats nothing after 3 pm, actually it does not matter what she eats before 3 pm, she will lose weight and look really slim (except her female features ;) ).

but maybe that works only for her, not sure ;)

10. HASHASHIN

HASHASHIN TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    i would be starving....most my activity is after 5 when i get out of work...thats when i go skate, walk about the city and take pictures....i normally come home starving

you know...come to think of it...i may just have a drinking problem...i drink ALOT of beer..and i seem to have a taste for dark beer....maybe i should quit drinking the brewskis...

or maybe i should just give myself a tapeworm or two..i hear they can keep ya slim..lol

11. Alex_B

Photos NOT OK to edit
    well, then starve a bit more ;) ... will be painful but won'T kill ya ;)

but would not be my taste either ...

aaahh.. well, that you have to reduce ... I know it is a pity since it tastes good!

ugh :confused: would not try that ;)

12. mortallis288

mortallis288 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    by the way it sounds it is prob the beer doing that to you. what does ur wife cook for your meals? if your eating like lausana (sp) and spagittee (sp) every night then might be it