I want a camera that time travels and shoots quantum torpedoes

BananaRepublic

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I wasn't sure where to post this thread, maybe it should be in off topic chat but then its not off topic.

It seems cameras having reached the maximum resolution are now being sold by adding stuff that doesn't actually help with what you want a camera to do, like tap to zoom and such.

I wonder has anyone thought of adding an eight inch 8 screen to the camera so one could google how to take good photos or a lens that can be used as a phone when you want to place a call to Sony about the sensor they put in your Nikon camera.

Thats my opinion and I wonder if its based on any sort of reality.

O and before any smarty pants hits back by saying actually all cameras including the human eye are time travelling devices because of the time delay incurred by light travelling from an object to you/a camera sensor. I all ready know about that.

I see what you are saying, and for me a lot of the new features are not that important. However, the camera companies are trying to attract new customers that grew up taking pictures on cell phones and I pads, so they are used to the touch screens and the instant internet upload capabilities. I would not spend the money to upgrade to a camera that just added these features, but I can see they would be in demand for new (younger) customers coming into the DSLR/Mirrorless market.

I also disagree that cameras and the human eye are time travelling devices. If so, you could record the image live. As it is, the image is actually recorded after it occurs.

Just because you don't use a feature doesn't mean it's not useful to someone else.

I find that if I remove the sony sensor from my D610 and replace it with a flux capacitor, it really shines once I get it up to 88 MPH.

well, according to apparently well-informed sources Nikon is going out of business soon, so dont hope for anything there.
(you know, the same people that have been screaming about Nikon going out of business for the last 5 years)
maybe Canon will come up with a torpedo model, or perhaps fuji will do a firmware update to include nuclear missile launch codes.

A 8 inch screen on a camera would have to be a huge camera to support this no.I would prefer a 8 inch view finder, just a thought.

I want one camera that can shoot digital, as well as color and B&W film - either at the same time (think raw + jpeg) or alternately.

If they built a camera with a coffee maker included in the body there would be Suckers that would buy it. It's easier to sell junk to newbies is you dress it up with lots of costume jewellery.

Buy the sparkly pretties.

Last edited:
How about one that giggitied your gerschmoygan? Just saying.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

I find that if I remove the sony sensor from my D610 and replace it with a flux capacitor, it really shines once I get it up to 88 MPH.

I'd sooner steal a Klingon spaceship and fly it round the sun then rely on that bogus gizmo

The touch screen with touch focus is pretty cool thou.. I'm surprised that their isn't a networked camera that links & posts directly to the interwebs yet, with built in Instagram filters too! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Zenfolio | Captures By Cody

What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again - something in the Bible written a bazillion years ago

Most reactions

Back