I WANT A DOG! (PART III) (updated with pics)

awww beautiful doggie! congrats :) hope it goes well!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT! Ok, so when I posted my thread last night it was slightly pre-emptive, cuz I hadn't been OFFICIALLY approved...still had to fax over my application this morning. Well, I just got off the phone with the lady at the shelter...I'M DEFINITELY APPROVED! :) 6pm Friday. She's mine. Yeah baby.

They already had her listed as 'pending' this morning on the website. :) WOOOOOOT!

I'm glad to hear it! These adoption centers are wonderful - they really do have the animal's interests at heart, and will turn down people if there's any question of compatibility. :thumbup:

Now that you know she's yours, it must be awful having to wait to be able to go get her! You're going to have such a fun weekend, getting to know each other. :D

terri said:
I'm glad to hear it! These adoption centers are wonderful - they really do have the animal's interests at heart, and will turn down people if there's any question of compatibility. :thumbup:

Now that you know she's yours, it must be awful having to wait to be able to go get her! You're going to have such a fun weekend, getting to know each other. :D

Yeah, I'm a little anxious. I COULD have her tonight, but I'm just not ready, and I don't wanna get her the night before I work both my jobs.

Just got off the phone a second ago with the vet, and I have an appt to have her checked out on Saturday morning. :) I had to go with a new vet though...I called my old one and he retired 5 weeks ago!!!!!!

Congrats on the new pet, and well done for helping out by getting her from a rescue place, not a pet shop!!!!

I want a doggy too!!

Rob

core_17 said:
Aaaaww! I guess that means I picked a good name. :p Heheh. I had a HAAAAARD time thinking of a girl name...had a boy name all ready though! :lol: I had to discard several girl names that I liked because other people had them for thier pets or children. :lol: But my new baby would love to share her name with your first daughter! :)

I figure if she's a great dawg, then it's all good! For me, I always had an easy time coming up with names I love for if I ever had a daughter, but boys names are HARD. 13 years ago, I loved the name Tahlia for a girl and ended up naming my beautiful white puddy tat that (she's long gone now :( ). So, as I had used that name for my cat, I scrapped it as a possible future daughter's name lol. There'll only be one Tahlia for me :hugs:

Then I had Mikayla all picked out...for YEARS but 6 years ago, I saw the name Maya and thought "thats it!" and stuck with it ever since. I still like the name Mikayla, but the first girl (crosses fingers) is getting Maya'd, if there is a second girl, she'll get Mikayla'd haha.

Enjoy your puppy, lucky you and lucky puppy (for getting such an adorable owner)!

P.S I also love the fact that you adopted her, beautiful on your part!

Luminosity said:
I figure if she's a great dawg, then it's all good! For me, I always had an easy time coming up with names I love for if I ever had a daughter, but boys names are HARD. 13 years ago, I loved the name Tahlia for a girl and ended up naming my beautiful white puddy tat that (she's long gone now :( ). So, as I had used that name for my cat, I scrapped it for a possible future daughter's name lol.

Then I had Mikayla all picked out...for YEARS but 6 years ago, I saw the name Maya and thought "thats it!" and stuck with it ever since. I still like the name Mikayla, but the first girl (crosses fingers) is getting Maya'd, if there is a second girl, she'll get Mikayla'd haha.

Enjoy your puppy, lucky you and lucky puppy (for getting such an adorable owner)!

P.S I also love the fact that you adopted her, beautiful on your part!

OMG WE'RE SO ALIKE! I have a tendency to name pets the names that I had picked out for my future children. :p

And...guess what my last dogs name was???? MICAELA!!!!

Luminosity said:
Ok, you're spookin me now! :lmao:

Should I start listing all the names I've given to pets in my life? :p The only other dog that I've had that was mine that I named was Cody. :p That was a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago.

I've actually begun trying to come up with names that I WOULDN'T use for a future child (although Maya would definitely be good for a future child...too late now. :p )

Maya - by Autodesk. ;) Sorry, it's the first thing I thought of when I saw the name... Sounds cool for a little girl's name though. :)

More on topic I guess...My black lab/golden retriever mix just had 10 puppies last night...I dunno what I'm gonna do with 'em all!

JDS said:
Maya - by Autodesk. ;) Sorry, it's the first thing I thought of when I saw the name... Sounds cool for a little girl's name though. :)

More on topic I guess...My black lab/golden retriever mix just had 10 puppies last night...I dunno what I'm gonna do with 'em all!
You can start by posting some pics! I wanna see the puppies! :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back