I WANT A DOG!

terri said:
I think Boxers are beautiful! So regal looking. (so non-Odin like) :lol: Are they really dumb, Arch??

dunno really....... they look pretty dumb.... and my mates got one and its clumsy as hell......funny tho.... i like em. :mrgreen:

terri said:
o HO!! So the plot thickens. ;)

Well, your cat always looks beautiful and healthy in every picture I've seen of her, so you are obviously a very good pet owner. He would be a lucky dog, if you ended up taking him home.

....and just how happy would she be, anyway, with a new boarder? Jinx has gotten to where she will tolerate Odin, even though he did steal 2 of her toys within 5 minutes of his arrival....... :lol: Does she mind having other animals around?

Yeah, I've thought about the cat issue. I'm actually more worried about Erik's cat getting used to it than my own cat....even though when Erik's cat was a teensy kitten before we got him, he lived with Erik's mom and played with her dog. He's become a bit of a scaredy cat since then.

But the cats are part of the reason I want to make sure I get a good even tempered dog, and part of the reason I want a smaller or medium dog.

My old Yorki and my cat I had when I lived at home oh so long ago were best friends. :)

Another possiblity that I saw today while out doing photography was a Staffordshire Terrier or 'Staffy' as most breeders call them. They grow to about knee-height on your average human and are short-haired.

They look like bit like a Boxer/Husky but are very playful from what i've heard. :)

1100013.jpg

:)

JJP said:
GET A COCKER SPANIEL! Seriously, they're awesome! :)
This is my dog ollie.
He's awesome... and stupid... but great nonetheless hehe. ;-)
2006_05290023.png

Cute dog...

...but I guess I forgot to mention that I refuse to get a cocker spaniel! :lol:

Corry! i have shih tzu - Mr. Bond - you've seen him here... big Mike has the same dog.. theya re sweet not very problematic and not SO active, not so lazy...

hey corry... i always wanted a dog... finally got one 3 years back... and i LOVE him! he's the bestest dawg around... i decided on a medium sized one... an english spaniel...... easy to keep... the hair may be a bit of a problem but thats ok... very very friendly and so clever!

heres a pic of MILO when he was 5 months old :
miloll7.jpg

ever thought of a beagle?
hope it works out for you.. no matter what breed... im sure he/she would be happy to find a loving home :)

whooops i just read that you do not want to think of a spaniel... sorry :(

oh lol.. whoopsie

EBphotography said:
Whats wrong with cocker spaniels?

I'm just not a fan. And I'll have to find links later to support my following statement, but if I"m not mistaken, because of thier extreme popularity in the 80's/90's, many of them ended up with bad health problems due to so much bad breeding and inbreeding...or something.

If you like other spaniels you might check into Springer Spaniels :)

Core 17;

Re-reading my post, I did sound rather [scratch out 'rather' and substitute 'very'] preachy. Please accept my apologies. It was probably prompted by my love of dogs coupled with the recent actions of a relative who got a puppy and was clueless about the responsibility that comes with it.

Again, I'm sorry.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back