I WANT A DOG!

terri said:
Irrelevant at this stage. We want you to get a dog, you've been stumping for a dog, so - go get the dog, already.

Odin likes the bulldog up there. He sleeps like that, too. :lol:
Ha....I wish it were irrelevant! Unfortuneately, the landlord has the power to evict me if I do something that he doesn't approve. :grumpy:

Have you looked into terriers? The majority of them have minimal shedding (landlord should like that part!). It is true, terriers have a bad reputation for beign excessively noisy, and though I am not saying this is entirely false, if the dog is not trained/socialized properly it will become a nuisance. With my Miniature Schnauzer, he 'woofs' (we all know how 'bark's differ from 'woofs' don't we? ;)) when someone is at the door, and other then this, he doesn't utter a peep.

Regarding activity, he has his daily run abouts in the morning, afternoon and evening, and he usually gets two 30 min. walk every day. The rest of the day, he is content to lay on my lap (such as right now) or lay on the ground chewing away at a nylabone.

Did I mention they are awfully handsome?

Schroeder3.jpg

Since this is a photography forum, I should mention this was taken with a little P&S and I never took the time to remove the colour cast. Whoops.
Hood.jpg

Aaaw! He is cute! And yes, I've considered (and still am) terriers. I had a Yorkshire Terrier when I was younger and always said if I ever got another dog, it would be another Yorkshire Terrier. My reasons for looking at something else are the following:

She was hard to housebreak, and I've had others tell me small dogs are often harder to housebreak.

Getting a Yorkie from a breeder is EXPENSIVE, and getting a yorkie from a shelter is nearly impossible and rare.

A small dog, terrier or otherwise is still on my scope though. There is a shelter not too far from me that does have a lot of smaller dogs, mostly Maltese's....which is actually the type of dog I wanted when I ended up getting my Yorkie! :lol:

SOME HOPE!!!!

I called my mom and asked her if she knew if any of John's other tenants (he has several rental houses in town) have dogs...she IMMEDIATELY thought of TWO! One of which very RECENTLY got a second dog. :) :D I'm asking him. I'll do it!

The only reason I got nervous in the first place is cuz my stepdad kept telling me "I wouldn't push it". :er:

The only reason I got nervous in the first place is cuz my stepdad kept telling me "I wouldn't push it". :er:
Well, quit listening to that downer! :lol:

You can't get evicted just for asking. Worst that can happen is a "no".

g'wan, ask, you know you wanna.....

terri said:
Well, quit listening to that downer! :lol:

You can't get evicted just for asking. Worst that can happen is a "no".

g'wan, ask, you know you wanna.....
and the get your doggie :D
I can't wait to see what kind you get, but I do love that german shepherd mis you showed me :)

i love dogs...as im shure you will, i have 3

i must advise you against small dogs espically the terriers...i have a jack russel who is the biggest pain in the a$$ he picks fights with my 2 others who are much bigger than him...

Hi, Cory.....

My two cents begin and end with the suggestion of looking over this web site, AKC, and comparing individual breeds. The description of each breed will give you an idea of their temperament and intelligence.

I have a Boxer, (see my gallery) and could not be more pleased. My wife had an Golden Retriever when we met and the dog was easily trained, the wife wasn't. I first had a German Sheppard and she was trained to hand signals.

Anyway, here’s hoping your landlord allows you to have you pet. LOL ;)

http://www.akc.org/

Paul

So....any updates?

Not yet...haven't gotten a chance to talk to him. My landlord is quite busy. Besides owning several rental properties in town, he's also the insurance agent in town, a volunteer fireman, the auctioneer, and on the bank's board of directors...among other things. :lol: He's not an easy man to get to.

It's about time! ;)

Now....have you decided on a breed?

How exciting! Congrats - can't wait to see pictures of the new addition. :D

terri said:
It's about time! ;)

Now....have you decided on a breed?

How exciting! Congrats - can't wait to see pictures of the new addition. :D

Well, I'll most likely end up getting a mix of some sort. Really I wanted to know more about breeds that fit my temperment standards, so I can get a better idea of what to look for, and what to avoid. I wasn't really narrowing it down to one specific breed. However, if I could afford an extra large dog, I WOULD have a great dane in a second. :p

Most reactions

Back