I WANT A DOG!

That's fantastic! I'm so happy for you! I can't wait to see pics of your newest family member :mrgreen:

It might be a month or two before I get one....can't do it before my long trip! And after the trip I'll need a few weeks to make a lil money again. :lol: (did I mention my days off are NOT PAID) Hehe. I'll get one though....just not TODAY.

:lol: Okay, well, I'll try to be patient then. :mrgreen:

clarinetJWD said:
You know what I'm gonna say...I'd go for a less active sheepdog, they are incredibly easy to train, and some of the most loyal dogs you can have :)

I've had two (for anyone else's edification), a Sheltie and an Australian Sheepdog, and I love em both :D

We had a sheltie. Actually, he was the only dog I remember from growing up. Amazing dog. Very loyal. My mom would always play around and tickle me....and Jazz would try and drag me away. I loved that dog.

When we moved here we couldnt have pets and had to keep him at my aunts house in Oregon for awhile. Im not sure if we had planned on bringing him back up or what but he ended up dying of a heart attack. I was pretty torn up over that. After that I dont think I wanted a dog again. Hmm.

Anyway, the point. Shelties are great dogs. Very loyal. Kind. Lovable.

Honest truth ..... a mutt from your local SPCA. It has been said and I really do believe it that mutts have the best characteristics of all the breeds in them. You could probably even find one for free in the local paper. Find out what mom and dad are and make sure they super hyper. Every mutt I've ever had has been wonderful!

Honest truth ..... a mutt from your local SPCA. It has been said and I really do believe it that mutts have the best characteristics of all the breeds in them. You could probably even find one for free in the local paper. Find out what mom and dad are and make sure they super hyper. Every mutt I've ever had has been wonderful!

Did you notice this thread is from 2006? I have a feeling a few things have changed since then.

Is it bad that I immediately recognized this thread, and wondered if Corry was giving us an update? :lol:

Eh... an active dog will keep ya feelin young!

Haha I sound like I'm 70

EDIT: Holy crap...old thread! Who brings these up lol
I hope he's got a dog by now haha

We have a Boston Terrier and they're great dogs. We've had two so far, and no complaints on them at all. If given the time, they're easily trianed and they listen VERY well! My boyfriend and I had a Minature Pincer (sp?) (she just passed away the other day :( ) and they have like a split second memory and they're off in la la land but very affectionate dogs all the same :D

I used to think Bostons were adorable until my friend got them. They KILL, & RIP TO SHREDS any poor little creature that wanders in the yard - possums, cats, birds, etc! And it's not because they are hungry or anything, they are well fed and fat! One of them jumps up and bites the fingers and/or butt of people that go to there to visit (me included, OUCH! & I am a huge dog lover)

thanksgivingfun036.jpg
a beautiful dobie or collie..........
dobieandcollie026.jpg
my life would be empty without them...

Most reactions

Back