I want more...

BoblyBill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's another one... what do you think? Composition ok... color to vivid? Highlights blown?
297806195_1499f135c1.jpg

Sorry. Composition is a bit boring since your primary subject is too centred. Yes, you already see it: the highlights are blown, indeed. I find that there is too little focus (as in "to concentrate on") on the subject at hand, it competes with the other berries in the dark background, so it is not really as separated from the background as a close-up should do. The colours are not too vivid, but the photo as such is too cluttered, and if only with the many leaves around.

i would say the main subject should be either more centred or much more off centre to add some tension.
if centred, you could maybe rotate the camera by 45 degrees or so, just an idea.

highlights aren't such a problem on my monitor here.

i agree that more depth of focus is needed to get more of the berries in focus.

hmm, can you eat those? ;)

Alex B said:
hmm, can you eat those?
No I tried I just about died... Just kidding about the dieing part, but they were bitter to the taste so I didn't eat them.

Lafoto said:
Sorry. Composition is a bit boring since your primary subject is too centred. Yes, you already see it: the highlights are blown, indeed. I find that there is too little focus (as in "to concentrate on") on the subject at hand, it competes with the other berries in the dark background, so it is not really as separated from the background as a close-up should do. The colours are not too vivid, but the photo as such is too cluttered, and if only with the many leaves around.

I will always thank you for placing comments. You are honest and trustworthy (since I have seen some of yours).

Thank you all for the advice... I will try to do better next time (the berrys are dead now). I'll be taking a real photography class here in the spring. We'll see what that does for my pictures.

mysteryscribe said:
As everyone knows I'm a composition freak so let me ask you this... What in your mind made it a horizontal composition or did you even consider a verticle one.

I do not mean to be offensive in any way, I'm curious

At the time, I did not... I personally don't like vertical, but you are right I think that would help it. I have to force myself to do vertical because that's something I don't feel comfortable doing right now... I have done quite a lot more vertical since then, but it doesn't come naturally to think about that. Thanks for the comments. I just want to take a photo that, like woodsac's (my personal favorate here), would blow people away... I can't do that presently so I'm here so that some day somebody will have the same reaction that I have when I see woodsac's stuff.

BoblyBill said:
I have to force myself to do vertical because that's something I don't feel comfortable doing right now... I have done quite a lot more vertical since then, but it doesn't come naturally to think about that.

That's really weird man. Photography can come in every form possible. To be limited by only wanting to shoot landscape is just strange. You just gotta shoot for aesthetics. What looks right in your mind and on print.

Most reactions

Back