I want this lens

Yeesh. For that money...I could have a car...lens or car...lens or car.........lens.

Sigma 200-500 mm f/2.8 and it comes with a 2x teleconverter.

Trouble is, it weighs nearly 35 lbs and it's green. I bet if I ordered one, I could get 'em to do it in black for me.

PopPhoto had a review on it last issue or the one before, quite an entertaining read :lmao:

You think the only trouble with getting it is the weight? My obstacle is the nearly $30k price tag

I'd put 30 G's into a 2010 Camaro SS before I stuck 30G's into a single lens... and I could not care HOW good that lens is! :lmao:

I mean... honestly now... how many of you people here actually NEED to know if that girl 1 mile down the street is wearing panties or not from the panty-line on her jeans???

I mean... honestly now... how many of you people here actually NEED to know if that girl 1 mile down the street is wearing panties or not from the panty-line on her jeans???

So 30 grand huh? I think that is a fair price. :drool:

For that kind of money I think I would go with this.
Nikon Telephoto AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G AF-S ED-IF VR $5299.95

Nikon AF-S Nikkor 400mm f/2.8G ED VR Autofocus Lens $8999.95

Nikon AF-S Nikkor 500mm f/4G ED VR Autofocus Lens $8579.95

Nikon TC-20E II 2x Teleconverter for D-AF-I & AF-S Lenses $499.95

Cheaper, all primes, lighter and sharp as a tack. Just not the convenience of a Zoom. :D

I'd put 30 G's into a 2010 Camaro SS before I stuck 30G's into a single lens... and I could not care HOW good that lens is! :lmao:

I'd put $30k into ANYTHING before putting it into a Chevy!

And you're joking about that question, right? :lol:

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry.................................. Years from now when that Baracamaro made by GM (Government Motors) is a rust heap on the side of the road I will bet that I would still be taking photos with that kind of lens. Besides tuneups, oil filters and tires are a lot cheaper for the lens. There are none. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Besides, you got to get down here south of the border once in a while. Who says their wearing panties down here???? :shock: :cokespit: :drool2: :bounce: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Last edited:
Pity it's a crap Sigma and not an awesome Canon or awesome Nikon.

<puts on flame retardant jacket>

just get 2 of em...keep one in the car, that way you dont have to carry it out of the house.:thumbup:

Most reactions

Back