I want this to be perfect

250Gimp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a pic of my little girl that I really like and I would like to print.

I am a bit concerned that the skin colour may be a bit too cool. Please let me know what you think.

I would also like to know what your thoughts are on the overall composition.

This pic has had a bit of PP but the size is straight out of the camera.

MaiaSuckingToes.jpg

Thanks for your feed back :thumbup:

Cheers

I apreciate the feedback Mysteryscribe. I was trying to emphasize the fact she is sucking on her toes in the pic.

I apreciate the feedback Mysteryscribe. I was trying to emphasize the fact she is sucking on her toes in the pic.

didnt really notice those are toes if you dont mention....btw...she is cute :lol:

HAHA I was looking at her toes first going... wow she has a messed up hand.

I like the pic personally. Skin could be a little warmer but I like the crop

looks cropped too tight to me, its hard to tell tahts her foot, it looks liek a deformed hand, shes cute tho. i wuld use a warming filter in photoshop

As it appears on my monitor, it is an excellent shot. I wouldn't change anything. I think the skin tone is very realistic. I wouldn't make it any warmer for fear that it might look too contrived. If it were mine, I'd hang it.

Well I think this photo is just perfect!!! You have the cutest baby!!!! I love the photo!!!!!

I like the photo just the way it is even though I didnt realize those were toes either... :)

I like the tight crop but the colors do seem a bit off.

I like the pic as well, although I didn't realize that was her foot. I was too mesmerized by her eyes to even notice her hand...er, I mean foot.
She is just beautiful. :)

Yeah I think if you zoomed out a bit more people would see the rest of the foot and figure out that they're toes. I overlooked that as well. Without the foot reference, the toes aren't noticed.

Also portraits typically attract a viewer to the eyes so the toes part isn't the focus and might contribute to the fact that it's been missed by the viewers.

One other suggestion is to sharpen the eyes a bit. You could throw a quick mask on... select the eyes... duplicate the layer... apply sharpening... you get the idea.

Thanks rmh159, I will try sharpening the eyes wen I get a chance.

Couldn't tell they were toes, skin looks just right for a baby, her eyes are GORGEOUS and the head looks a little effected by the crop, gives a "claustrophobic" feeling to the shot. Cute girl though.

Oh how adorable!!! :) Great shot. Here is my take on the picture...

Added curves (boosted contrast and lightened), changed skin tone so it is a tiny bit peacher (less pink), and sharpened eyes JUST a tiny bit.

baby2xi9.jpg

Most reactions

Back