I Want to be a Photographer

I want to be a photographer

And so do a lot of people who have yet to buy a camera. And because they know very little about photography, they all picked the same specialty you have. The one most people see.

What that means is that you have picked the worst part of photography to get into. There's a 100 other photogs in your town wanting to do the same and to beat you at your own game, they will underprice you to the point where nobody is making any money.

Sorry but that is not a way to make a living.

So, take your time, learn about photography (and I don't mean just technically) and then you will need to decide what you are willing to do to actually make a living at it.

For example, you are not going to become a fashion photog while living in the boondocks. You would need to move to where fashion is happening.

Look for your niche, something that will differentiate you from the other masses cloud mentions in his post. This is hard to do when you know nothing about photography and is often something that you will find out along the way, something you will develop.

Digital cameras are so cheap these days that everyone and their uncle bob has one and they all fancy themselves photographers. Fact is, you can set the camera in automatic and 80% of the time take some decent to good shots. But its that 20% that makes a photographer a photographer, and not just an uncle bob.

Look for your niche, something that will differentiate you from the other masses cloud mentions in his post. This is hard to do when you know nothing about photography and is often something that you will find out along the way, something you will develop.

Digital cameras are so cheap these days that everyone and their uncle bob has one and they all fancy themselves photographers. Fact is, you can set the camera in automatic and 80% of the time take some decent to good shots. But its that 20% that makes a photographer a photographer, and not just an uncle bob.

The desire to be a professional photographer seems to run in inverse proportion to the qualifications necessary to have.

The more you want to 'be' a photographer, the less you should be.

How funny... I was thinking that the more highly you think of yourself/your abilities the less likely you are to make it. So, in that case, it's a good thing some people hate pros.

How funny... I was thinking that the more highly you think of yourself/your abilities the less likely you are to make it. So, in that case, it's a good thing some people hate pros.

Well I'm good, not great, good, at certain kinds of photography. Some pros are very bad, but that doesn't seem to stop them. I do know my limitations. Don't ask me to do your portrait unless you want a plain ol' thang...

I did the Art Insitute deal, one EXPENSIVE lesson learned...If you have the drive and determination you can and will learn the same stuff they "teach" you....

I did the Art Insitute deal, one EXPENSIVE lesson learned...If you have the drive and determination you can and will learn the same stuff they "teach" you....

It will just take longer...

Watch this by Zack Arias

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZYlQ4Wv8lE[/ame]

Last edited:
Photography is one of my hobby. I like photography, when ever i go for outing with family or friends i always take my camera with me. I have Canon Digital camera. You want to become Photographer is profession, here i am sharing some tips for it, it will helps you

1. Select only the best of your pictures to show to others and leave the rest in the drawer.
2. At first it feels awkward holding the camera on it's side, but it is worth getting used to.
3. One of the easiest ways to improve your photography is with careful attention to framing.
4. Photography is all about light, the direction of the light falling on your subject is most important.

Photography is one of my hobby. I like photography, when ever i go for outing with family or friends i always take my camera with me. I have Canon Digital camera. You want to become Photographer is profession, here i am sharing some tips for it, it will helps you

1. Select only the best of your pictures to show to others and leave the rest in the drawer.
2. At first it feels awkward holding the camera on it's side, but it is worth getting used to.
3. One of the easiest ways to improve your photography is with careful attention to framing.
4. Photography is all about light, the direction of the light falling on your subject is most important.

Got your camera yet?

http://www.thephotoforum.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/13379

Most reactions

Back