I want to buy a dSLR... No BS what takes the best picture Canon EOST1i or Nikon D5000

Status
Not open for further replies.
No BS what takes the best picture Canon EOST1i or Nikon D5000
Unfortunately, the poor OP is having to wade through it. :lmao:
You mean there is an actual right answer to which one produces the absolute best picture?

Which one was it?
Oh, H E double L no, there's no actual right answer.

The OP was hosed from the get go.

As someone pointed out at the top of the first page. It's all about that organic gizmo that accesses the viewfinder/live view and pushes the shutter release.

Great thread! I don't think this was the direction BC hoped it would take but its been informative and entertaining to say the least. I am gonna stay off subject too (sorry BC). I am def. gonna look into the refurbished cameras. IMO everything involves some sort of risk and in this case it's not life threatening. Not that I have money to burn but I am willing to risk buying something that was previously flawed and now "like new". Especially if I am going to save money and possibly get more for less.
I think the reward definitely outweighs the risk.

Well that is easy intempus.....

The company who uses nothing but automation to produce their cameras! Duh! ;)

Stamp... Hmmm, so what about dell and their refurbished PC's? They give the same exact warranty on them as their made to order new packages. To coin the phrase. "why would they do that" After all that is more handling by humans. Are they crazy? playing the odds of chance like that? Hmm.

I have bought 3 of my 4 dell PC's as refurbed units the only one I had a problem with was the first non refurbed unit. Hmmm.

Whoohoo that is the way it's supposed to work. Oh wait, no it's not. The brand new unit should not have had a problem either.

To break it down to you in non "parts per million" because I prefer percentage, I am funny like that... 100% of my new dells had a problem upon arival and 100% of my refurbed units did not.

...My how unexpected, I would have thought that their would be more of a CHANCE for the refurbed units to have issues. Oh wait their was. They just overcame those chances. Hey and while I am thinking about it they even overcame that guy who worked on them with his pants pulled half way down... on friday... 10 minutes before time to go home. :O Oh man, I am feeling lucky about now. Wow.

Did I miss anything LOL. Sorry couldn't resist, this is just so silly and I am feeling edgy today. ;)

As far as the OP. The better camera is the one that can take more of a beating and keep on functioning in my book. Plain and simple. If it has the functions you need and can take a beating that is the camera for me. Mine has eaten asphalt once (from 3ft) and took a 5ft dive into cement. Still here and still working fine for me. That makes me proud of my poor little rebel xt. Can't say if it is as proud of me though, probably thinks I am an abusive a$$.

So which camera has a better drop test rating?

I'm not here to analyze different companies processes, and point out why you happened to get a bad product off the line and a couple refurb ones that worked. GOOD FOR YOU! I'd send you some cookies, but I don't know how to bake. ;)

I'm stating one of the most basic manufacturing theories that is responsible for the Industrial Age, and it seems the only people who don't agree with it, have NO qc/qa background, or they are taking it as a personal attack because the have bought refurbished gear in the past and it worked (guess what, I've bought a refurbished cell phone before and it worked too!!!)

That's right InTempus, I've read your website, and I find it hard to believe you're a "Sr. Director of Quality Assurance for a multi-national corporation and have worked in QA since 1997", while your website says you are a 15 year veteran of the ADVERTISING WORLD . Reality check... Advertising has nothing to do with QA/QC. Plus your old avatar, as a self portrait I'm assuming, made you look no older than 38 (if you are older than 38, consider this a compliment). Lets add this up using my assumption (they taught us how to do basic math at WKU believe it or not!). 2010-1997 = 13 years in QA/QC. 38-13 = 25 years old when you started QA/QC. 25 minus 15 years of marketing = 10!!! Wow.. you started marketing when you were 10 years old!!! I didn't think that was legal, unless of course you were painting a sign for you lemon-aid stand.

That explains why I'm running into so much confrontation here. The people that I thought were on the same page as me, weren't. I should've broke it down Barney-style, but was going off the statements of experience the others posted... silly me... actually believing people online... I guess that country song "So much cooler online" really applies to a lot more people than I thought.

I guess I should take some other people's advice, and just put the people we all know like to argue on the ignore list. :confused:

And something else to debunk InTempus' job title claim... I quoted 6 sigma as 3.14 parts per million.. well I mis-spoke.. that is actually PI. I meant to say 3.4 DPPM. Surely someone who had a background of quality would've caught that and slammed me for it... good thing there wasn't anyone here! :D

I'm done here.

Yey, you win the prize of geekiest geek. Well done, now post some pictures.

Yey, you win the prize of geekiest geek. Well done, now post some pictures.

Wow.. that was out of left field.. You didn't see me jumping into your thread boys with lucha masks and calling you a child molester because I didn't agree with your style did you? Or the guy with the gayest gay pose in his avatar? I don't like to start name calling, and I sure as hell don't jump in at the end of a discussion and start calling names to people that I wasn't even involved with the conversation.

Is any of this relevant to anything any more? Have enough points have been accumulated by either side to call it a draw yet?

business-card-1.jpg

Yup, I think we've beaten this one to death. Since we can't get any proof regarding the quality of refurbs only more attacks... let's just kill it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back