I want to make sure I do this right...

CW Jones

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The first time... haha I have been wanting an DSLR even since I got into 35mm SLR. I love film... but am sick of developing it! I seem to be pretty set on a Canon, I am by no means a professional, but one day in the near future I would like to be able to make a little money at it.

My main uses of the camera... Car/Trucks for friends, I LOVE landscapes, and I also like to portraits, in the studio with a model or something (my friends always are willing to help)

I am thinking the Canon XS, seems to be a good enough price for me because price is an issue for me. I do not have a lot of money right now, but I dont want to make a mistake in camera body selection. I think I would rather spend some money of some nice glass for it... just not sure which specific lenses.... I would say I am able to get a $500-600 camera body with some accesories (battery grip, spare batttaries, nice backpack for all of them slingshot 100??, and some filters for the lenses)

any help would be great, any questions just ask me and I will let you know so you can help me out better!

-Collin

i dont know where you've been looking, but your not going to get all that stuff

"camera body with some accesories (battery grip, spare batttaries, nice backpack for all of them slingshot 100??, and some filters for the lenses)"

for 500-600 bucks... the BODY will likely be around 400-500... grip will be around 100.. batteries are between 50-100 each, for a decent backpack your going to spend at LEAST 100 bucks... good filters are 50-100 bucks each... then lenses on top of that...

for all that stuff, your looking closer to 1000-1500

I'm sorry I was unclear... I meant the body for $500-600 then more $$$ on top of that for the accessories. ya no I know I wasn't getting all that for under $600 haha

What is your total budget? It would be much easier to give a good recomendation if we knew what you were planning on spending.

I can't swing alot of money all at once... I would say MY budget is about $400-500.

now I say that but every year for the B-day I get $200 cash from one set of grandparents, and gift cards to best buy and what not. plus my parents will kick in money as well. so the camera I personally might have to spend $100-150 on if its not all covered.

so are you saying you'll have more like an $800 budget??

I will have like $400 for accessories, so about $600-700 total budget, including part of the camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back