I want to punch UPS In the face right now

They deal with prolly a million packages a day. Calculate the logistics for each penny in efficiency. They may drop the ball occasionally (I had a laptop go missing for two months with fed ex) but considering the sheer scope of operation I disagree with the sentiment of some of the other users and consider the parcel deliver business fairly amazing from a logistics standpoint and business model.

I don't disagree at all! I think they really are amazing when you look at the big picture. Still frustrating when you are in that small fraction of those with delivery issues though.

That's pretty good for UPS. Was it physical sig required or could you sign the notice and have them leave it? My husband works for UPS and they have been slammed this week with the new iPhone being released.

......... My husband works for UPS and they have been slammed this week with the new iPhone being released.
Well ask him where mine is!!! Oh, it still says Oct. 13-21 for delivery. :grumpy:

First you use a camera for a selfie
And now you're using an iPhone

Monkeys are Amazing

It said it required signature over 21 yrs of age. lol I tried to sign it and leave it yesterday when I had to take my son to an appt for an hour but they never came so I don't know if it would have worked in this case.

It said it required signature over 21 yrs of age. lol I tried to sign it and leave it yesterday when I had to take my son to an appt for an hour but they never came so I don't know if it would have worked in this case.
Yeah but how's the d600 working now ?

the bulk or oversized loads can get even stranger. when I ordered the new bumper for the suv I kept checking the expected delivery date and it would say it was still in Chicago (think it came from out west somewhere). Then I had the guy driving the tractor trailer call me on my cell telling me it would be here in fifteen minutes. But the online tracking still said it was in Chicago. so I don't think they really pay much attention to the online tracking on the bulk loads. shipping large stuff like that cross country for a hundred bucks though to have it show up at your door in a semi, pretty amazing. I couldn't have gone to get it myself for that price. same with other oversized things I have ordered. I could just be old fashioned but I am still kind of amazed I can order anything from about anywhere and it will usually be on my door step in under a week usually (even stuff I have ordered from hong kong).

well, except when fed ex lost that laptop for two months. Never did quite figure out what happened there.

Yeah but how's the d600 working now ?
We will find out today! It wasn't broken before.. just being cleaned. So it better be functional. Lol

Ahh... UPS.

Here is how they delivered the trailer hitch to my new vehicle...

20140807_125830_zps77cb49ce.jpg

20140807_125820_zps7f000988.jpg

Damaged the hitch, damaged my front stoop. I called to complain, and they basically pawned it off as Amazon's problem (hitch was purchased from them)... and I should take it up with them. Must be nice to not give a rat's ass about your customers.

On the plus side Amazon did overnight me a new one to compensate for UPS' mishandling of the first.

I usually ship fedex when I have the choice. They seem to be more careful with package handling.

I usually ship fedex when I have the choice. They seem to be more careful with package handling.

What... you mean more careful than tossing it from a moving vehicle in the general vicinity of your front porch?

I will try them next time. :lol:

Here is how they delivered the trailer hitch to my new vehicle...

That is almost EXACTLY how they delivered my hitch... I was lucky there was no damage.

ETA: Mine was also a Curt hitch. Maybe Curt doesn't like us.. :apologetic:

What... you mean more careful than tossing it from a moving vehicle in the general vicinity of your front porch?

I will try them next time. :lol:

No.. seriously. I worked retail management for a number of years and UPS shipments always came in a hot mess. On the rare occasion the company sent us FedEx packages they always came in perfect condition. I've never had a FedEx package show up at my door damaged.. maybe I've just been lucky, but its a notable trend for me. lol

Most reactions

Back