I want to shred his eyelids

If one deems his intelligence so superior that he receives pleasure in making another feel stupid, then he is lacking in the other areas of life that would do him well.

I'll go with Bactrian. One hump is never enough.

To be serious for a moment (What? Me? Serious? The medication is finally working!), true intelligence is not measured by how much you know or what you think you know. Anyone can memorise facts*.
It's knowing how to use the information.

*Except for me. I have trouble remembering the names of my two sons. Honestly. I have forgotten them more times than I can remember. So that's at least once.
One year my students discovered this weakness when they realised that I never called any of them by name. I'd use 'mate'. I finally had to admit that I couldn't remember any of their names even though I'd been teaching them for two years at that point. They took to wearing name badges for my benefit.

But they kept swapping them around, the swines. I suppose I should have realised that 'Colin' was not a girl's name...

I have had those same feelings. As it turns out those feelings and certain people are the cornerstone of who I am. Sometimes I need a swift kick in the rear to produce my best work. Deep inside I know they were trying to get us motivated. Find comfort in the fact that those who can't do teach.

On closer reflection they were not the bungling idiots I thought they were.

Love & Bass

Most reactions

New Topics

Back