I was... banned??

mentos_007

The Freshmaker!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
well... no no.. not from any forum!!! but from English course on my university :( at the very beginning we were to write a test. and by the results we were divided into smaller groups. hmm... and mentos wrote the test and scored 100%... and then when the teacher asked about any certificates mentos answered that she has two of them: cambridge first certificate in english, and cabridge certificate in advanced english... he asked my also about profficiency certificate and I answered, what is true of course, that I'm going to take it in June '06. the teacher was very very glad when he heard that and... told me that I cannot attend the classes coz I'm too good for this course. and that there won't be any highier levels courses organized :( and now I am to learn german... I was totally confused and angry!!!! grrr !!! I lern English also in the afternoons on courses on CPE level and well... honestly... I wanted to get the best mark in university in English... and now I'll have to spend some time lerning German, while I could lie about my certificates and do nothing... and spend all the time on maths, phisics and digital technology.... damn :/ sometimes it is not worth to be good at something :/
well... the teacher at uni told me that I can choose from spanish, german, swedish (sp?) and french language... but I know neither of them so it would be even more lerning :/ it may sound as if I were lazy, but I'm not... I wanted to have a bit of free time :( thank God, I lied about German... I told him that I've been lerning it for 3 yrs, and actually it is 7 now... if I had told him the true, I would have been told to lern in advanced group... and it would be WAY too much for me...
ok... sorry, I know that you are bored now :)

The only thing i know in german is "you suck dirty chickens!!"...it was meant to be translated into "You suck dirty @*%@!!" but we couldn't find a word for @*%@ in our german dictionary. However we did learn how to say "Kiss my ass" in spanish from our spanish teacher. she was a freak!

You should ask him if you could help tutor the kids in the class... would that be allowed there? Because the same thing happened to me with Spanish so I just asked if I could help teach the class. :D

I have to learn german for a play im doing..

Mentos...thats good news, not bad...your too intelligent...damn, thats a lucky thing to be :p

Das ist spaßig! Englisch ist eine schöne Sprache, aber Deutsch ist auch sehr gut. Ich hätte ein Jahr von Deutsch am Uni, und es war spaß. Viel gluck!

I would have told you 2 words in English, but too many kids visit TPF :p
no.. I cannot help to tutor the rest of the group :( well... the teacher is afraid... he may loose his job coz he is only 1 level highier that I am... so that's why I am not in his group... :(:( damn thing. but.. after all... I'll learn German...

Well, I'll start critiqueing (sp?) your posts in German now :) That's a strange thing what happened to you. But look at it this way: you're GOOD, so see the positive side of it ... and German isn't that bad after all ... I can say this, I speak German for almost 33 years now :)

You'd think with all those courses and certifications you'd have better spelling and grammar skills.

*is teasing*

mygrain said:
However we did learn how to say "Kiss my ass" in spanish from our spanish teacher. she was a freak!

I had a Spanish teacher in grad school (it was only Spanish 101, but I was in grad school at the time) who said that she would give us a list of all the curse words in spanish at the end of the course. She said that she figured we were going to learn them anyway, and she would be damned if any of her students spoke Spanish incorrectly, so she wanted to be sure we said them right. I never finished the class, so I didn't get the list :(

There was a period in my life when I wanted to learn how to say "Do you have a cigarette?" in every language. At the height of this obsurd longing, I was able to say it in Hebrew, Spanish, Russian, English (obviously), and Afrikaans. I was trying to learn it in Zulu, but the word for tobacco has 2 clicks and a pop, so I gave up.

Most reactions

Back